Much needed precipitation continues across the Southwest; central and eastern U.S. prepare for more winter weather
Widespread and much-needed precipitation across the Southwest will begin to spread into the Plains through Saturday. As the moisture encounters an Arctic airmass dropping down through the north-central U.S., moderate to heavy snow is expected to develop across the Midwest Saturday and then move into portions of the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
6NM SSW Taku Lodge AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:41 am AKST Jan 31, 2015
Forecast Valid: 11am AKST Jan 31, 2015-6pm AKST Feb 6, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisSTRONG HIGH PRESSURE PERSISTS OVER NORTHWESTERN CANADA THROUGH
THE WEEKEND. A WEATHER FRONT WILL MOVE N INTO THE FAR SOUTHERN
GULF BY SAT EVENING...THEN WEAKEN THERE ON SUN.
- Today NE wind around 55 kt, with gusts as high as 75 kt. Sunny. Seas around 11 ft.
- Tonight NE wind 50 to 55 kt, with gusts as high as 80 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 10 to 11 ft.
- Sunday NE wind 55 to 60 kt, with gusts as high as 80 kt. Sunny. Seas 11 to 12 ft.
- Sunday Night NE wind 50 to 55 kt, with gusts as high as 75 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 10 to 11 ft.
- Monday NE wind 40 to 50 kt, with gusts as high as 70 kt. Sunny. Seas 8 to 10 ft.
- Monday Night NE wind 35 to 40 kt decreasing to 25 to 30 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 55 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 8 ft subsiding to 5 ft.
- Tuesday NE wind 15 to 20 kt. Sunny. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Tuesday Night NE wind around 15 kt. A chance of snow. Seas around 3 ft.
- Wednesday NE wind 20 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. A chance of snow. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE