Flash flooding possible across parts of Midwest
Showers and thunderstorms ahead of a strong cold front moving across the Midwest on Friday are expected to produce rainfall rates of 1-2 inches per hour, creating a risk of flash flooding across parts of southern Minnesota and northern and central Iowa. The flash flooding risk will continue into Saturday and move eastward, into the Ohio Valley.
9NM SSW Taku Lodge AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 10:59 pm AKDT Jul 24, 2014
Forecast Valid: 3pm AKDT Jul 25, 2014-6pm AKDT Jul 31, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA LOW WILL PERSIST IN THE NORTHERN GULF INTO NEXT WEEK. A
WEATHER FRONT ACROSS THE CENTRAL PANHANDLE WILL CONTINUE NORTH
FRI EVENING. ANOTHER FRONT WILL APPROACH THE SOUTHERN PANHANDLE
FROM THE SOUTH ON SAT AFTERNOON.
- This Afternoon Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tonight NE wind around 10 kt becoming SW in the evening. Rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday Night NE wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely, mainly before 7pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SW 5 to 10 kt in the morning. A chance of rain. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE