Flash flooding threat continues from the Great Basin across the southern Plains
The wet pattern in place will continue from the Great Basin across the central and southern Rockies into the southern Plains into Wednesday. Ample monsoonal moisture with a frontal boundary in place will allow for shower and thunderstorm development with locally heavy rainfall at times. The heavier showers could lead to flash flooding in some areas, especially urban areas and burn scars.
9NM SSW Taku Lodge AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:02 pm AKDT Jul 29, 2014
Forecast Valid: 6pm AKDT Jul 29, 2014-6pm AKDT Aug 5, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE OVER THE GULF WILL RETROGRADE WESTWARD THROUGH
WEDNESDAY AS A RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS NORTH OVER THE
- Tonight SW wind 10 to 15 kt. Showers. Areas of fog between 7pm and 1am. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday SW wind 10 to 15 kt. Showers likely, mainly before 1pm. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday Night SW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NE after midnight. Scattered showers, mainly before 7pm. Areas of fog after 1am. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday NE wind 5 to 10 kt. Areas of fog before 7am. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday NE wind 5 to 10 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE