Severe Thunderstorms Possible Texas Gulf Coast to Louisiana This Afternoon into Tonight
Primary threats in these areas are damaging wind gusts and a tornado or two. Elsewhere, freezing rain is possible across parts of the northeast. A storm system moving into the intermountain west will spread heavy rain across parts of northern California, Oregon and Washington. Heavy snow and high wind will impact the higher elevations of the Sierra, Cascades and northern Rocky Mountain States.
9NM SSW Taku Lodge AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 7:39 am AKST Nov 22, 2014
Forecast Valid: 1pm AKST Nov 22, 2014-6pm AKST Nov 28, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE WILL PERSIST OVER THE ALASKAN PENINSULA AS A SERIES
OF WEAK WAVES TRAVEL NORTHEAST INTO THE FAR SOUTHEASTERN GULF
THROUGH MONDAY MORNING.
- This Afternoon NE wind 15 to 20 kt becoming SW. Showers. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Tonight SW wind 10 to 15 kt. Showers. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday SW wind 10 to 15 kt. Showers, mainly after noon. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday Night SW wind 10 to 15 kt. Snow showers likely. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Monday NE wind 10 to 20 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. Snow showers likely, mainly after noon. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Monday Night SW wind 10 to 15 kt becoming NE after midnight. Snow showers likely. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tuesday SW wind 10 to 15 kt becoming NE in the afternoon. A chance of showers. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tuesday Night NE wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of snow showers. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday NE wind around 15 kt. A chance of snow showers. Seas around 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE