Severe weather expected for Upper Midwest on Wednesday
A potent storm system will bring a chance of severe thunderstorms to parts of the Upper Midwest on Wednesday and Wednesday night. Very large hail, damaging wind gusts, tornadoes and heavy rain are possible with these storms.
8NM NNE Point Bridget AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 8:09 pm AKDT Sep 2, 2014
Forecast Valid: 12am AKDT Sep 3, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 9, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA SURFACE RIDGE OVER THE EASTERN GULF AND SOUTHEAST ALASKA WILL
PERSIST THROUGH WEDNESDAY NIGHT.
- Overnight SW wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday SW wind around 15 kt. Scattered showers. Seas around 3 ft.
- Wednesday Night SW wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Thursday NE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. Partly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday Night SW wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain after 1am. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday NE wind around 10 kt becoming SW in the morning. Rain likely, mainly after 1pm. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night SW wind around 10 kt. Rain likely, mainly before 7pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday SW wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE