Slight risk of severe weather on Sunday
The NWS Storm Prediction Center in Norman, Oklahoma expects a slight risk of severe for portions of the Central United States on Sunday. The area of greatest concern is in southern Minnesota, western Iowa, eastern Nebraska and northern Kansas. The primary threat for these locations will be large hail and damaging winds, however, a few isolated tornadoes are also possible.
8NM NNE Point Bridget AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:32 pm AKDT Aug 30, 2014
Forecast Valid: 7pm AKDT Aug 30, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 6, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAK RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD ACROSS THE EASTERN GULF
AND PANHANDLE SAT EVENING AND REMAIN OVER SE AK THROUGH EARLY
SUN MORNING. A DEVELOPING LOW IN THE WESTERN GULF LATE SAT WILL
MOVE E INTO THE EASTERN GULF SUN MORNING.
- Tonight SW wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Showers likely. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday Night NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Labor Day NE wind 5 to 10 kt. Scattered showers. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday SW wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tuesday Night SW wind around 15 kt. Scattered showers after 7pm. Seas around 3 ft.
- Wednesday SW wind around 20 kt. Showers likely. Seas around 4 ft.
- Wednesday Night SW wind around 15 kt. Showers likely. Seas around 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE