Significant threat for flash flooding continues across the southwestern U.S.
Heavy precipitation continues to be forecast for much of the Southwest U.S. this week due to the remnants of weakening Tropical Storm Odile. The heavy rainfall will be concentrated across southern Arizona, southern New Mexico and western Texas where 3 to 6 inches could fall through Friday, with some locales receiving up to 9 inches. Flash Flood Watches remain in effect for much of this area.
8NM NNE Point Bridget AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 10:16 am AKDT Sep 17, 2014
Forecast Valid: 4pm AKDT Sep 17, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 23, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA GALE FORCE LOW WILL MOVE NE TO THE CENTRAL GULF THU...THEN
REACH THE NW GULF THU NIGHT. THE ASSOCIATED WEATHER FRONT WILL
MOVE ACROSS THE EASTERN GULF AND SE ALASKA THU AND THU NIGHT.
- This Afternoon SW wind around 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight SW wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain after 1am. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday NE wind around 15 kt. Rain, mainly after 7am. Seas around 3 ft.
- Thursday Night SW wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Friday SW wind around 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Rain. Seas around 4 ft.
- Friday Night SW wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday SW wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night SW wind 10 to 15 kt becoming NE after midnight. Rain likely. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday SW wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE