Snow winding down in the Northeast; heavy rainfall in the Northwest
Happy Thanksgiving! Conditions will continue to improve throughout Thanksgiving Day across New England as the nor'easter moves away from the coast. Meanwhile, the Pacific Northwest will remain wet due to a series of Pacific storm systems. Flood Watches remain in effect for parts of Washington state through Friday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
8NM NNE Point Bridget AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:24 am AKST Nov 27, 2014
Forecast Valid: 8am AKST Nov 27, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 3, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE OVER THE YUKON WILL DRIFT SE INTO BC THROUGH FRI.
STRONG OUTFLOW WINDS WILL CONTINUE INTO FRI.
- Thanksgiving Day NE wind 45 to 50 kt, with gusts as high as 65 kt. Sunny. Seas 9 to 10 ft.
- Tonight NE wind 40 to 45 kt decreasing to 30 to 35 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 60 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 9 ft subsiding to 6 ft.
- Friday NE wind 30 to 35 kt decreasing to 20 to 25 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 50 kt. Sunny. Seas 7 ft subsiding to 4 ft.
- Friday Night NE wind 15 to 20 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Saturday NE wind 15 to 20 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Saturday Night NE wind around 15 kt. Snow likely after midnight. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday NE wind 15 to 20 kt. A chance of snow. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Sunday Night NE wind around 20 kt. A chance of snow. Seas around 4 ft.
- Monday NE wind 20 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE