Severe storms and heavy rain possible from mid-South to Upstate New York on Tuesday
Thunderstorms are expected to develop along and ahead of a cold front from the Tennessee Valley to Upstate New York on Tuesday. The storms will be capable of producing damaging wind gusts and heavy rainfall that could lead to isolated flash flooding.
8NM NNE Point Bridget AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:14 pm AKDT Sep 1, 2014
Forecast Valid: 9pm AKDT Sep 1, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 8, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA SURFACE RIDGE BUILDING OVER THE CENTRAL GULF WILL MOVE EAST OVER
THE PANHANDLE ON TUESDAY AND PERSIST THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers before 1am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday SW wind 10 to 15 kt. Isolated showers after 7am. Areas of fog before 1pm. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tuesday Night SW wind 10 to 15 kt. Scattered showers. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday SW wind 10 to 20 kt. Scattered showers. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Wednesday Night SW wind 10 to 20 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Thursday SW wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday Night SW wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday SW wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night SW wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE