Chance of severe thunderstorms in the Plains on Friday
Scattered strong to severe storms will be possible from northeast Colorado and northwest Kansas into Nebraska Friday afternoon and evening, then overnight across portions of the central and northern Plains. Large hail and strong wind gusts will be the primary threats, although a tornado cannot be ruled out.
8NM NNE Point Bridget AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:43 pm AKDT Aug 21, 2014
Forecast Valid: 10pm AKDT Aug 21, 2014-6pm AKDT Aug 28, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE WILL PERSIST OVER THE GULF THROUGH FRI. A
TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE EXTENDING NW ACROSS THE PANHANDLE WILL
WEAKEN THROUGH FRI MORNING. A WEAK LOW WILL MOVE INTO THE S CENTRAL
GULF FRI AFTERNOON.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Night SW wind around 10 kt. A slight chance of rain after 1am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday SW wind 10 to 15 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday Night SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely, mainly after 1am. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Monday SW wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Monday Night SW wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE