Wet and stormy weather continues across Pacific Northwest
Most of the country will experience tranquil weather this weekend. The exception will be the Pacific Northwest and northern California where a series of storm systems will bring rain, strong winds and thunderstorms through Saturday.
4NM SSW Yakutat AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:40 pm AKDT Oct 24, 2014
Forecast Valid: 4pm AKDT Oct 24, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 30, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA LOW ABOUT 150NM W OF HAIDA GWAII WILL REMAIN NEARLY STATIONARY
THROUGH FRI NIGHT THEN WEAKEN AND MOVE SE. A WEAK TROUGH OF LOW
PRESSURE WILL EXTEND FROM THE LOW TO THE NW OVER THE EASTERN
GULF OF AK THROUGH SAT.
- This Afternoon E wind around 10 kt. Showers likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tonight ENE wind 5 to 10 kt. Showers likely, mainly before 1am. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers, mainly before 7am. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers after 7am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night N wind 5 to 10 kt becoming E in the evening. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday E wind 10 to 15 kt. Sunny. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Monday Night ESE wind around 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tuesday ESE wind around 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE