Storm system to bring winter weather from the Plains to New England through Monday
A storm system spinning over the central U.S. will set the stage for a widespread precipitation event across the central and eastern U.S. through Monday. A wide swath of accumulating snow will extend from Nebraska to New England. Just to the south of this area of snow, marginal temps will lead to the possibility of a transition zone of sleet and freezing rain.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
3NM S Yakutat AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 9:20 pm AKST Jan 31, 2015
Forecast Valid: 11pm AKST Jan 31, 2015-6pm AKST Feb 7, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisAN AREA OF LOW PRESSURE WILL APPROACH THE SOUTHERN PANHANDLE FROM
THE SOUTH THROUGH SUNDAY AS STRONG HIGH PRESSURE PERSISTS OVER
- Overnight NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Clear. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Sunday NE wind around 15 kt. Sunny. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Sunday Night ESE wind 15 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Clear. Seas 10 to 11 ft.
- Monday ESE wind 10 to 15 kt. Sunny. Seas 9 ft subsiding to 4 ft.
- Monday Night SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 8 ft subsiding to 2 ft.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas around 5 ft.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of snow after midnight. Seas around 4 ft.
- Wednesday E wind around 10 kt. A chance of snow. Seas around 4 ft.
- Wednesday Night ENE wind 20 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 5 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE