Unsettled weather in store for eastern U.S. into weekend
A complex weather system moving across the eastern U.S. will bring a variety of hazardous weather to the region into the weekend. Much colder weather is expected by Saturday, along with numerous showers and accumulating snow in the higher elevations of the Appalachians. Rain and snow will move into northern New England on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
4NM SSW Yakutat AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 1:55 pm AKDT Oct 31, 2014
Forecast Valid: 8pm AKDT Oct 31, 2014-6pm AKST Nov 7, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA FRONTAL BOUNDARY ASSOCIATED WITH LOW PRESSURE OVER THE BERING
SEA WILL MOVE ACROSS THE GULF FRIDAY NIGHT...AND THEN ENTER THE
PANHANDLE SATURDAY MORNING.
- Tonight E wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Saturday SE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain. Seas 9 ft subsiding to 4 ft.
- Saturday Night ESE wind around 15 kt. Showers. Seas around 7 ft.
- Sunday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Showers. Seas around 7 ft.
- Sunday Night ESE wind 10 to 15 kt. Showers. Seas 6 to 7 ft.
- Monday ESE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 5 ft.
- Monday Night E wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 4 ft.
- Tuesday ESE wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 4 ft.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely. Seas around 4 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE