Developing storm will spread rain across eastern U.S.; thunderstorms in the Southeast
A storm system developing in the South will move up the Mississippi River Valley on Sunday bringing rainfall to much of the eastern U.S., along with thunderstorms in the southeastern states. Some of the thunderstorms in the Southeast could produce large hail, damaging wind and heavy rain.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
4NM SSW Yakutat AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:23 am AKST Nov 23, 2014
Forecast Valid: 5am AKST Nov 23, 2014-6pm AKST Nov 29, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisAN AREA OF LOW PRESSURE WILL ENTER THE SOUTHEASTERN GULF SUNDAY
- Today E wind 10 to 15 kt increasing to 15 to 20 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 30 kt. Showers likely. Seas 6 to 7 ft.
- Tonight ESE wind around 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Showers. Seas 6 to 7 ft.
- Monday E wind 5 to 15 kt. Showers, mainly before noon. Seas 5 to 6 ft.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers. Seas around 5 ft.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers. Seas around 4 ft.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas around 3 ft.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Thanksgiving Day E wind around 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE