Rainfall and mountain snow will continue across the western U.S. into Monday
Heavy precipitation along the west coast will persist with a focus along the Coastal Ranges and Cascades. While not nearly as impressive as recent days, the forecast suggests another 1 to 3 inches of rainfall is possible across this region. Farther inland, moderate to heavy snow is likely over the Wasatch and Colorado Rockies with 1 to 2 foot amounts possible through Monday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
3NM SW Yakutat AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 9:44 pm AKST Dec 21, 2014
Forecast Valid: 2am AKST Dec 22, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 28, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAK LOW WILL MOVE NORTHEAST ACROSS THE SOUTHERN PANHANDLE
THROUGH SUNDAY NIGHT. A STRONG DEVELOPING GALE FORCE LOW WILL
MOVE NORTHEAST AND OVER PRINCE OF WALES ISLAND TUESDAY.
- Overnight E wind 10 to 15 kt. Showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday ESE wind around 10 kt. Showers, mainly before noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered snow showers before midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday N wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Christmas Day Variable winds 5 kt or less. Snow likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Snow likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE