Major nor'easter expected to bring heavy snow, blizzard conditions to Northeast
A storm system off the East Coast will continue to strengthen as it develops into a major nor'easter on Monday. As the storm moves up the coast, it is expected to bring snowfall of 1-3 feet or more to many parts of the Northeast through Tuesday evening, including New York City and Boston. Strong, gusty winds will combine with the snow to create blizzard conditions along and near the coast.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
3NM SW Yakutat AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 6:37 am AKST Jan 26, 2015
Forecast Valid: 8am AKST Jan 26, 2015-6pm AKST Feb 1, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WINDWAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE WILL CONTINUE TO BUILD OVER THE EASTERN
GULF THROUGH MON AFTERNOON. A WEAK LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL BRUSH
THE SOUTHERN PANHANDLE LATE MON INTO TUE AS AN ARCTIC FRONT STALLS
OVER THE NORTHERN PANHANDLE.
- Today Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of snow showers after noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday ESE wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night ESE wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of snow after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday ESE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night ESE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday ESE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night E wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain and snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday E wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain and snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE