We need your feedback! Take our new, shorter survey
NWS is conducting research on how to better serve your needs. Please complete our annual customer satisfaction survey. We’ve shortened it from previous years to make it easier for you to share your opinions with us. The survey is available via the link below and the core section should only take about 10 minutes to complete. Details...
7NM S Chiswell Islands AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:09 pm AKDT Sep 22, 2014
Forecast Valid: 1am AKDT Sep 23, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 29, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA 1003 MB LOW 60 NM SOUTH OF SEWARD WILL DRIFT SOUTHWEST AND
DISSIPATE OVERNIGHT. A TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE WILL DEVELOP
ALONG THE NORTH GULF COAST WED.
- Overnight ENE wind around 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 4 ft.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday NNW wind around 10 kt. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night N wind 5 to 10 kt. Clear. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
- Thursday NE wind 5 to 10 kt. Sunny. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Thursday Night ENE wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 4 ft.
- Friday ENE wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Friday Night ENE wind around 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 4 to 6 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE