Stormy weather expected for the Pacific Northwest and Intermountain West
An impressive frontal system will continue moving through the Pacific Northwest and the Intermountain West and slowly make its way south. Behind it very cold Arctic air will follow. Higher elevation snow and moderate rainfall can be expected throughout these regions along with strong winds.
7NM S Chiswell Islands AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:32 pm AKST Nov 27, 2014
Forecast Valid: 4am AKST Nov 28, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 4, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL REMAIN OVER THE EASTERN GULF THROUGH FRI
AFTERNOON. A 1017 MB LOW WILL FORM 45 NM WEST OF MIDDLETON ISLAND
- Overnight E wind around 10 kt. Scattered snow showers. Seas around 6 ft.
- Friday E wind around 10 kt. Snow likely, mainly after noon. Seas 5 to 6 ft.
- Friday Night E wind around 10 kt. Snow before 9pm, then rain and snow between 9pm and 3am, then rain after 3am. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Saturday E wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NNW in the afternoon. Rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday Night NNW wind 5 to 10 kt. Scattered rain showers, mixing with snow after 9pm, then gradually ending. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday NNW wind around 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday Night WNW wind around 10 kt becoming ESE after midnight. A chance of showers. Seas around 3 ft.
- Monday SE wind around 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Monday Night ESE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 5 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE