Rain, thunderstorms possible for parts of Texas and Gulf Coast; additional rain and mountain snow forecast out West
A developing storm system will bring rain and thunderstorms across parts of South Texas and the western Gulf Coast on Thursday. Some of the thunderstorms that develop late Thursday night into Friday have the potential to be severe. Meanwhile, additional rainfall and mountain snow is forecast for northern California and the Pacific Northwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
5NM S Chiswell Islands AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 8:25 am AKST Dec 18, 2014
Forecast Valid: 3pm AKST Dec 18, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 24, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA 981 MB LOW 370 NM SOUTH OF SITKA WILL MOVE TO 200 NM SOUTHEAST
OF KODIAK CITY AT 973 MB FRI MORNING. A WEATHER FRONT OVER THE
CENTRAL GULF FRI WILL MOVE TO THE NORTHERN GULF FRI NIGHT.
- This Afternoon NE wind around 25 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 13 ft.
- Tonight NE wind 20 to 25 kt. Rain, mainly after midnight. Seas 11 to 12 ft.
- Friday ENE wind 20 to 25 kt. Rain. Seas 11 to 12 ft.
- Friday Night ENE wind around 25 kt. Rain. Seas 11 to 12 ft.
- Saturday ENE wind 15 to 25 kt. Rain likely. Seas 12 ft subsiding to 9 ft.
- Saturday Night NE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 7 to 9 ft.
- Sunday E wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 7 ft.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely. Seas 5 to 6 ft.
- Monday W wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 5 to 6 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE