Strong winds in the Great Lakes and Ohio Valley
A developing storm system in the Upper Midwest will move through the Great Lakes into Canada on Monday. Winds will be gusty and strong around this system and extend from the Great Lakes to the Ohio and Tennessee Valleys. The strongest winds will be around Lake Ontario and Lake Erie, with gusts up to 60 mph in parts of Michigan, Ohio and Upstate New York where High Wind Warnings are in effect.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
7NM S Chiswell Islands AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:31 am AKST Nov 23, 2014
Forecast Valid: 5pm AKST Nov 23, 2014-6pm AKST Nov 29, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA 988 MB LOW 60 NM SOUTH OF CHIGNIK WILL MOVE TO 140 NM SOUTHEAST
OF KODIAK ISLAND AT 1011 MB MONDAY NIGHT. THIS LOW WILL THEN
BECOME BROAD AND DIFFUSE OVER THE CENTRAL GULF OF ALASKA TUESDAY.
- This Afternoon ESE wind around 15 kt. Showers likely. Seas around 7 ft.
- Tonight ESE wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers. Seas 5 to 6 ft.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers. Seas around 5 ft.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers. Seas around 4 ft.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas around 4 ft.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thanksgiving Day Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE