Coastal low to bring gusty winds and periods of heavy rain to New England while moderate to heavy rain is expected to linger in the Pacific Northwest and northern California
A coastal low will slowly intensify before moving out of the New England area. Increasingly heavy rainfall will impact the region through Friday. In addition, winds will increase and seas will become rough as the storm gradually intensifies just off the coast. Out west, a cold front approaching the Pacific Northwest will bring moderate to heavy rain to Washington, Oregon and northern California.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
7NM S Chiswell Islands AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:32 pm AKDT Oct 21, 2014
Forecast Valid: 5am AKDT Oct 22, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 28, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA 973 MB LOW 200 NM SOUTH OF CAPE SUCKLING MOVES TO 280 NM SOUTH
OF MIDDLETON ISLAND AT 981 MB WED AFTERNOON BEFORE MOVING INTO
THE NORTH PACIFIC AND WEAKENING WED NIGHT. A TROUGH OF LOW
PRESSURE WILL DEVELOP ACROSS THE NORTH GULF THU MORNING AND
PERSIST THROUGH THU NIGHT.
- Today N wind around 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 5 to 7 ft.
- Tonight NNE wind 10 to 15 kt. Isolated showers. Seas 7 to 8 ft.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Thursday Night NNW wind around 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 3 ft.
- Friday N wind 5 to 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 3 ft.
- Friday Night NNW wind around 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Saturday WNW wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday Night NW wind around 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday NW wind 15 to 20 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 4 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE