Major nor'easter expected to bring heavy snow, blizzard conditions to Northeast
A storm system off the East Coast will continue to strengthen as it develops into a major nor'easter on Monday. As the storm moves up the coast, it is expected to bring snowfall of 1-3 feet or more to many parts of the Northeast through Tuesday evening, including New York City and Boston. Strong, gusty winds will combine with the snow to create blizzard conditions along and near the coast.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
5NM S Chiswell Islands AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:31 pm AKST Jan 26, 2015
Forecast Valid: 2am AKST Jan 27, 2015-6pm AKST Feb 2, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA NORTHWARD MOVING FRONT WILL APPROACH THE SOUTHWEST GULF TUE
MORNING AND IMPACT THE NORTH GULF COAST WED MORNING BEFORE
DISSIPATING DURING THE DAY WED.
- Overnight NE wind around 15 kt. Snow showers likely. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Tuesday NE wind around 15 kt. Scattered snow showers, mainly after noon. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Tuesday Night NE wind 15 to 20 kt. Scattered snow showers. Seas 5 to 6 ft.
- Wednesday NNE wind around 20 kt. Snow. Seas 7 ft building to 10 ft.
- Wednesday Night NE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain and snow, becoming all rain after 9pm. Seas 7 to 9 ft.
- Thursday ENE wind 5 to 15 kt. Rain and snow likely, becoming all rain after noon. Seas 5 to 7 ft.
- Thursday Night ENE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 5 ft.
- Friday NE wind around 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 5 to 6 ft.
- Friday Night NE wind around 20 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 6 to 7 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE