The flash flooding threat shifts slightly east on Friday while both coasts and Hawaii continue high surf issues due to tropical systems
The potential for heavy rainfall and flash flooding will shift east on Friday across parts of the Upper Midwest into the eastern Great Lakes. Meanwhile, portions of both the East and West Coasts, as well as Hawaii, will continue to have high surf and rip current potential due to Hurricane Cristobal and Tropical Storm Marie respectively. Caution should be used on area beaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
7NM S Chiswell Islands AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:08 pm AKDT Aug 28, 2014
Forecast Valid: 1am AKDT Aug 29, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 4, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA 999 MB LOW 175 NM SOUTH OF SEWARD WILL MOVE TO 125 NM EAST OF
SEWARD FRI AFTERNOON. THIS 999 MB LOW WILL DRIFT WEST TO 90 NM
EAST OF SEWARD SAT AFTERNOON.
- Overnight N wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas around 5 ft.
- Friday NNW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. Showers, mainly before 7am. Seas around 5 ft.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Saturday ENE wind around 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 5 ft.
- Saturday Night NNE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NNW in the evening. Mostly clear. Seas around 4 ft.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday Night W wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 4 ft.
- Labor Day WNW wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of showers. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Monday Night WNW wind around 15 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 5 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE