Wintry mix and snow from western mountains to Ohio Valley Saturday
A storm system in the west will bring rain to California and the Desert Southwest Saturday. Snow will fall in the Sierra, Great Basin and southern Rocky Mountains. Meanwhile a warm front will bring rain to Texas with a wintry mix from the Red River Valley to southern Ohio Valley. North of this front, snow is expected from the southern Plains to northern Ohio Valley.
5NM S Chiswell Islands AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:31 pm AKST Feb 27, 2015
Forecast Valid: 6am AKST Feb 28, 2015-6pm AKST Mar 6, 2015
COASTAL WATERS FORECAST FOR THE NORTHERN GULF OF ALASKA COAST
UP TO 100 NM OUT INCLUDING KODIAK ISLAND AND COOK INLET.
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAK AREA OF LOW PRESSURE MOVES INTO THE WESTERN GULF MIDDAY
SAT...THEN QUICKLY EXITS TO SOUTHEAST ALASKA SAT NIGHT. A WEAK
FRONT MOVES INTO THE SOUTHWESTERN GULF BY SUN NIGHT.
- Today NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain and snow likely, becoming all rain after noon. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
- Tonight NNE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NW after midnight. Scattered showers before midnight. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Sunday Night ENE wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Monday ENE wind 15 to 20 kt. Showers likely after noon. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
- Monday Night E wind around 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 7 ft.
- Tuesday ESE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 6 to 7 ft.
- Tuesday Night SSW wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 5 ft.
- Wednesday NNW wind around 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 6 to 7 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE