Severe weather possible for parts of Plains on Wednesday
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon and evening across portions of the central Plains and mid-Missouri Valley, with a higher concentration of severe storms possible in parts of eastern Kansas and far southeast Nebraska. Large hail and damaging winds could occur with the stronger thunderstorms. A tornado or two will be possible as well.
7NM S Chiswell Islands AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:57 pm AKDT Sep 30, 2014
Forecast Valid: 9pm AKDT Sep 30, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 7, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEAKENING 1011 MB LOW NEAR CAPE SPENCER DISSIPATES TONIGHT. A
DEVELOPING LOW OVER THE NORTH PACIFIC MOVES NORTHEAST 250 NM
SOUTHEAST OF KODIAK ISLAND AT 984 MB THURSDAY AFTERNOON.
- Tonight NNE wind 5 to 10 kt. Clear. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday ENE wind 5 to 10 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 to 3 ft.
- Thursday NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 3 ft building to 6 ft.
- Thursday Night NNE wind around 10 kt becoming NNW after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas 8 to 9 ft.
- Friday NNW wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 8 to 9 ft.
- Friday Night NW wind around 15 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 6 to 7 ft.
- Saturday NNW wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Saturday Night N wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 4 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE