Major nor'easter to affect northeastern U.S.
The stage is being set for a major nor'easter to affect parts of the Northeast Monday through Wednesday. This system will be responsible for heavy snowfall and strong winds, with blizzard conditions possible along coastal areas from New Jersey to Massachusetts. Blizzard Warnings are in effect along the coast from central New Jersey to the Canadian border.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
2NM NNE Cape Cleare AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 7:18 am AKST Jan 25, 2015
Forecast Valid: 4pm AKST Jan 25, 2015-6pm AKST Jan 31, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA FRONT WILL APPROACH THE SOUTHWEST GULF ON MON...THEN STALL AND WEAKEN
THROUGH TUE. A 993 MB LOW WILL FORM 630 NM SOUTH OF SITKINAK MON
AFTERNOON THEN MOVE TO 320 NM SOUTH OF SITKINAK TUE AFTERNOON AT
- This Afternoon NW wind around 10 kt. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight NW wind around 10 kt becoming NE after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday NNE wind around 15 kt. Scattered snow showers after noon. Seas around 3 ft.
- Monday Night NNE wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tuesday NNE wind around 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tuesday Night NE wind 15 to 20 kt. A chance of snow after midnight. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Wednesday NNE wind around 20 kt. A chance of rain and snow. Seas around 4 ft.
- Wednesday Night NNE wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain and snow. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Thursday NE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE