Heavy rain possible for parts of the northern Rockies & Plains; Severe storms for the Upper Midwest
An unseasonably strong storm system in the northwest U.S. will bring showers and thunderstorms, some heavy, to parts of the northern Rockies and northern Plains through Saturday. Isolated flash floods will be possible in these areas. Some of the storms could be severe in parts of the Dakotas into Minnesota, with large hail and damaging winds.
3NM NE Cape Cleare AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:05 pm AKDT Aug 22, 2014
Forecast Valid: 6pm AKDT Aug 22, 2014-6pm AKDT Aug 29, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA 1018 MB LOW 250 NM SOUTH OF SEWARD WILL DRIFT EAST AND
DISSIPATE 300 NM SOUTH OF YAKUTAT TONIGHT. A 1010 MB LOW 600 NM
SOUTH OF DUTCH HARBOR WILL MOVE TO NEAR SAND POINT SAT AFTERNOON
THEN MOVE NORTH AND MERGE INTO A 1002 MB LOW NEAR NUNIVAK ISLAND
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Patchy fog after 1am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Patchy fog before 1pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night SE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming ENE after midnight. Rain likely, mainly after 1am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday ENE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday Night NNE wind 5 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday Night SSW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NW after midnight. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE