Relatively quiet weather pattern over much of the U.S.
A quieter weather pattern will continue to set up for most of the U.S. as arctic air continues to surge southward behind a cold front sweeping across the Southeast U.S. Expect temperatures to be 10 to 30 degrees below climate averages from the southern Plains to the Northeast on Friday.
2NM NNE Cape Cleare AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:31 pm AKST Mar 5, 2015
Forecast Valid: 6pm AKST Mar 5, 2015-6pm AKDT Mar 12, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA BROAD LOW OVER THE NORTHWEST GULF WILL DISSIPATE THU NIGHT.
A FRONT WILL ENTER THE WESTERN GULF FRI NIGHT AND TRACK TO THE
CENTRAL GULF SAT AFTERNOON.
- Tonight Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S 5 to 10 kt in the evening. A chance of rain and snow before midnight, then a chance of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday S wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Night SSW wind 10 to 20 kt. Rain. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Saturday S wind 15 to 20 kt becoming WSW in the afternoon. Rain. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Saturday Night W wind 15 to 20 kt. A chance of snow, mixing with rain after 9pm, then gradually ending. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Sunday W wind 10 to 15 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday Night WNW wind around 10 kt. A chance of snow showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday NNW wind around 15 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 3 ft.
- Monday Night NNW wind around 15 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE