Severe weather possible for parts of central Plains
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon and evening across portions of the central Plains, from northeastern Colorado into portions of southwestern Nebraska and northwestern Kansas. Large hail, damaging straight-line winds will be the main threats, though a couple of tornadoes are possible, as well.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
11NM SSW Montegue Island AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 6:08 am AKDT Aug 27, 2014
Forecast Valid: 2pm AKDT Aug 27, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 2, 2014
COASTAL WATERS FORECAST FOR THE NORTHERN GULF OF ALASKA COAST
UP TO 100 NM OUT INCLUDING KODIAK ISLAND AND COOK INLET.
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- This Afternoon SE wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tonight ESE wind around 15 kt. Rain, mainly after 7pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday E wind around 20 kt. Rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Thursday Night E wind around 15 kt. Showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday NNE wind 5 to 10 kt. Showers likely before 1pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Night SE wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday E wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE