Severe weather possible for large portion of central, southern U.S.
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe weather Thursday afternoon through early Friday across portions of the southern and central Plains into the mid-Mississippi and Tennessee Valleys. Widespread thunderstorms are expected along and ahead of a cold front moving across these areas. The storms could produce damaging wind gusts, hail and perhaps even a couple tornadoes.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
11NM SSW Montegue Island AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:08 am AKDT Oct 2, 2014
Forecast Valid: 8am AKDT Oct 2, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 8, 2014
COASTAL WATERS FORECAST FOR THE NORTHERN GULF OF ALASKA COAST
UP TO 100 NM OUT INCLUDING KODIAK ISLAND AND COOK INLET.
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- Today NE wind 15 to 20 kt. Isolated showers. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Tonight NE wind around 20 kt. Rain likely, mainly after 1am. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Friday NNE wind 20 to 25 kt. Rain. Seas around 5 ft.
- Friday Night NNW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming W after midnight. Rain likely, mainly before 1am. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely, mainly after 1pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely, mainly before 7pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday N wind around 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night NNW wind around 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Monday N wind around 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE