Arctic Air Will Move Into U.S. This Week
Arctic air will move back into the central Plains, Great Lake States and Western U.S. this week. Winter Storm Warnings, Winter Weather Advisories and Wind Chill Advisories are in effect in many areas. Recent heavy rains across the lower Mississippi and Tennessee Valleys will shift into the Carolinas Monday. Rivers that came up over the weekend will recede across portions of the South.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
8NM SSW Montegue Island AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:31 am AKST Dec 28, 2014
Forecast Valid: 11am AKST Dec 28, 2014-6pm AKST Jan 3, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE OVER THE GULF WILL MOVE TO THE EASTERN GULF THROUGH MON.
A WEATHER FRONT WILL MOVE INTO THE WESTERN GULF THIS MORNING AND BECOME
STATIONARY THROUGH MON.
- Today E wind 15 to 20 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Tonight ESE wind 20 to 30 kt, with gusts as high as 45 kt. Rain likely. Seas 4 ft building to 9 ft.
- Monday ESE wind 35 to 40 kt, with gusts as high as 55 kt. Rain. Seas 10 to 11 ft.
- Monday Night ESE wind around 35 kt, with gusts as high as 55 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 10 to 11 ft.
- Tuesday ESE wind 30 to 40 kt becoming SSE 20 to 30 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 55 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 11 ft subsiding to 7 ft.
- Tuesday Night SW wind around 20 kt. Rain. Seas 5 to 6 ft.
- Wednesday SW wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Wednesday Night NW wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- New Year's Day NNW wind around 15 kt. A chance of rain and snow. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE