Powerful nor'easter continues to affect areas across Northeast
The powerful nor'easter that brought moderate to heavy snowfall and blizzard conditions to the Northeast on Monday will continue to affect the region on Tuesday, with heavy snow and blizzard conditions expected from eastern Long Island to Maine as the system slowly moves to the northeast. Snow and strong winds will being tapering off from south to north Tuesday night into Wednesday morning.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
8NM SSW Montegue Island AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:38 am AKST Jan 28, 2015
Forecast Valid: 8am AKST Jan 28, 2015-6pm AKST Feb 3, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA FRONT MOVING NORTH THROUGH THE GULF WILL REACH THE GULF COAST
THIS MORNING...THEN DISSIPATE BY THIS EVENING. WEAK HIGH PRESSURE
WILL THEN BUILD OVER THE EASTERN GULF STARTING THU MORNING AND
PERSIST THROUGH LATE THU NIGHT.
- Today NNE wind 15 to 20 kt. A chance of rain and snow. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Tonight N wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain and snow. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Thursday NE wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain and snow. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Thursday Night NE wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain and snow, becoming all rain after 9pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain and snow likely, becoming all rain after 9am. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Friday Night NNE wind around 15 kt. A chance of rain before 3am, then a chance of rain and snow. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday NNE wind around 20 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Saturday Night NNE wind around 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 4 ft.
- Sunday NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 4 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE