Winter weather forecast for Rockies and southern Plains
A developing storm system will bring snow to parts of the Rockies and southern Plains on Friday, which will move into the central U.S. on Saturday. Freezing rain is also forecast from Texas to the mid-Mississippi Valley and into the Carolinas. Meanwhile, temperatures will be 20-40 degrees below normal across parts of the central and southern U.S. on Friday.
8NM SSW Montegue Island AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:31 am AKST Feb 27, 2015
Forecast Valid: 7am AKST Feb 27, 2015-6pm AKST Mar 5, 2015
COASTAL WATERS FORECAST FOR THE NORTHERN GULF OF ALASKA COAST
UP TO 100 NM OUT INCLUDING KODIAK ISLAND AND COOK INLET.
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL REMAIN OVER THE SOUTHERN GULF THROUGH FRI
AFTERNOON. A TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE WILL DEVELOP FRI NIGHT AND
PERSIST ALONG THE NORTH GULF COAST THROUGH LATE SAT NIGHT.
- Today Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain after midnight. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night NE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NNW after midnight. A chance of showers before midnight. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday N wind 5 to 10 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday ENE wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday Night E wind around 15 kt. A chance of showers. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tuesday ESE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE