Nor'easter will impact East Coast Thanksgiving travel
An active weather pattern is shaping up across the eastern U.S., with a nor'easter developing off the Gulf Coast on Tuesday and moving up the East Coast Tuesday night through early Thursday. The storm will bring precipitation up and down the coast, mostly in the form of rain along coastal areas, with snow expected farther inland. This will likely impact those with Thanksgiving travel plans on Wed.
11NM SSW Montegue Island AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:32 am AKST Nov 25, 2014
Forecast Valid: 5pm AKST Nov 25, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 1, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL REMAIN OVER THE GULF OF ALASKA THROUGH THU
- This Afternoon Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight NW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming N after midnight. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday N wind around 10 kt. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night N wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thanksgiving Day Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday ENE wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Night ENE wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday ENE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of showers. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE