Significant threat for flash flooding continues across the southwestern U.S.; river flooding is also possible
Heavy precipitation continues to be forecast for much of the Southwest U.S. due to the remnants of Odile. The heaviest rainfall will be concentrated across southern Arizona, southern New Mexico and western Texas where 3 to 6 inches could fall through Friday, with some locales receiving up to 9 inches. Flash flooding, as well as river flooding, will be a risk for many locations in this region.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
3NM ESE Montegue Island AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:57 pm AKDT Sep 17, 2014
Forecast Valid: 2am AKDT Sep 18, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 24, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- Overnight ESE wind around 30 kt, with gusts as high as 45 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday E wind 25 to 35 kt, with gusts as high as 45 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night ENE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday E wind 10 to 15 kt becoming SSW in the afternoon. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night SSE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely, mainly before 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night ENE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday NNE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE