Powerful nor'easter continues to affect areas across Northeast
The powerful nor'easter that brought moderate to heavy snowfall and blizzard conditions to the Northeast on Monday will continue to affect the region on Tuesday, with heavy snow and blizzard conditions expected from eastern Long Island to Maine as the system slowly moves to the northeast. Snow and strong winds will being tapering off from south to north Tuesday night into Wednesday morning.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
2NM SE Montegue Island AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 7:44 am AKST Jan 27, 2015
Forecast Valid: 11am AKST Jan 27, 2015-6pm AKST Feb 2, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA NORTHWARD MOVING FRONT WILL APPROACH THE SOUTHWEST GULF THIS
MORNING...IMPACT THE GULF COAST WED MORNING...THEN DISSIPATE
DURING THE DAY WED.
- Today NNE wind around 10 kt. A slight chance of snow showers after noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Snow showers likely, mainly after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday NNE wind around 15 kt. Snow likely, mainly after noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night NNE wind 15 to 20 kt. Snow before midnight, then rain and snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday NE wind 5 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night NNE wind around 15 kt. A chance of rain and snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday NNE wind around 15 kt. A chance of rain and snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE