Rain, mountain snow continue out west; rain and thunderstorms forecast for Southeast and Gulf Coast
Rain and mountain snow are expected across parts of northern California and the Pacific Northwest on Friday. Heavy snow is forecast for the higher mountain elevations over the weekend. Meanwhile, rain and thunderstorms are forecast for parts of the Southeast and Gulf Coast states Friday and Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
2NM SE Montegue Island AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:56 am AKST Dec 19, 2014
Forecast Valid: 8am AKST Dec 19, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 25, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA LARGE AND BROAD 971 MB LOW WILL REMAIN IN THE VICINITY OF 360 NM
SOUTH OF MIDDLETON ISLAND THROUGH SAT WITH NUMEROUS FRONTS TRACKING
INTO THE NORTH GULF COAST THROUGH SAT AFTERNOON. A 969 MB
NORTHEAST PACIFIC LOW WILL MOVE TO 130 NM SOUTHWEST OF YAKUTAT AND
WEAKEN TO 982 MB SUN MORNING.
- Today E wind around 25 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight ENE wind 20 to 25 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday ENE wind 20 to 25 kt. A chance of rain and snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night NE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain likely, mainly after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday ENE wind 15 to 20 kt becoming ESE in the afternoon. Rain and snow likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night E wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday E wind around 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night E wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE