Unseasonably cold temperatures spreading into central U.S.
A strong cold front will usher a much colder air mass into the central and eastern U.S. for the end of the work week. Temperatures will be 10 to 20 degrees below average in some areas. Rain and snow will be possible across the Great Lakes on Friday as the system crosses the area. Heavy snow is possible in the central Appalachians Friday night.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
3NM ESE Montegue Island AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:32 pm AKDT Oct 30, 2014
Forecast Valid: 2am AKDT Oct 31, 2014-6pm AKST Nov 6, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- Overnight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Patchy fog. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday E wind around 10 kt becoming SE in the afternoon. Showers likely, mainly after 1pm. Patchy fog. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night E wind 15 to 20 kt increasing to 25 to 30 kt in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 35 kt. Rain. Patchy fog. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday ESE wind 20 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Rain. Patchy fog. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night ESE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Patchy fog. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday ESE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Patchy fog. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night ESE wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday ENE wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night NNE wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE