Hazardous Weather Outlook product no longer displayed on national hazards map
NWS has made a change to the national hazard map, shown below, and will no longer be displaying the Hazardous Weather Outlook (HWO) product on the map. This change is intended to help users focus more quickly on the immediate impacts of hazards instead of those that are highlighted for the future. The Hazardous Weather Outlook will still be available on local Weather Forecast Office Web pages.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
27NM NNW Kayak Island AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:32 am AKDT Oct 21, 2014
Forecast Valid: 11am AKDT Oct 21, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 27, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- Today N wind around 10 kt. Isolated showers before 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight NNE wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday NE wind around 15 kt. Scattered showers after 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night NE wind 5 to 15 kt. Scattered showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday N wind around 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night NNE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming ENE after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday E wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain after 7am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE