Nor'easter to continue impacting Northeast through Thanksgiving
A nor'easter making its way up the East Coast will bring widespread precipitation from Florida to Maine on Wednesday into Thursday, which could significantly impact Thanksgiving travel across the region. Rain is expected closer to the coast, with snow falling inland and at higher elevations, especially across the central Appalachians, Northeast and New England.
27NM NNW Kayak Island AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:31 pm AKST Nov 26, 2014
Forecast Valid: 5pm AKST Nov 26, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 2, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL REMAIN OVER THE GULF OF ALASKA THROUGH LATE THU
NIGHT. A WEATHER FRONT WILL ENTER THE GULF FROM THE WEST ON FRI.
- This Afternoon N wind around 15 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight N wind around 15 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thanksgiving Day NNE wind 10 to 15 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night NNE wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered snow showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered snow showers before 3pm, then scattered rain and snow showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of snow showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday NNE wind around 10 kt. A chance of snow showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE