Mix of precipitation forecast for much of eastern, southern U.S.
A system moving across the Great Lakes will bring a mix of precipitation from the southern Plains to New England on Tuesday. Rain is forecast from TX across the Southeast and into the mid-Atlantic, with freezing rain, sleet and/or mixed precipitation from the Midwest across the Ohio Valley and Central Appalachians. Snow is forecast from the northern Plains across the Great Lakes into New England.
16NM SE Copper River Delta AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:31 pm AKST Mar 3, 2015
Forecast Valid: 8pm AKST Mar 3, 2015-6pm AKDT Mar 10, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA 1010 MB LOW 180 NM SOUTH OF SITKINAK WILL MOVE TO 100 NM SOUTH
OF MIDDLETON WED AFTERNOON AT 1007 MB THEN TO 120 NM SOUTHWEST OF
MIDDLETON THU AFTERNOON.
- Tonight E wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday E wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night E wind around 10 kt. Rain likely, mainly before midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday E wind 10 to 15 kt. Scattered rain and snow showers before 3pm, then scattered rain showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night ESE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely before 3am, then rain and snow likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday ESE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming S in the afternoon. Rain and snow likely, becoming all rain after 9am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE