Unsettled weather in store for eastern U.S. into weekend
A complex weather system moving across the eastern U.S. will bring a variety of hazardous weather to the region on Friday and into the weekend. Much colder weather is expected by Saturday, along with numerous showers and accumulating snow in the higher elevations of the Appalachians. Rain and snow will move into northern New England on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
27NM NNW Kayak Island AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:32 am AKDT Oct 31, 2014
Forecast Valid: 1pm AKDT Oct 31, 2014-6pm AKST Nov 6, 2014
COASTAL WATERS FORECAST FOR THE NORTHERN GULF OF ALASKA COAST
UP TO 100 NM OUT INCLUDING KODIAK ISLAND AND COOK INLET.
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- This Afternoon SE wind around 10 kt. Showers likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight E wind 15 to 25 kt. Showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday ESE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night ESE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday ESE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night ESE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday E wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain and snow likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday E wind around 10 kt. Rain and snow likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE