Unseasonably cold temperatures spreading into central U.S.
A strong cold front will usher a much colder air mass into the central and eastern U.S. for the end of the work week. Temperatures will be 10 to 20 degrees below average in some areas. Rain and snow will be possible across the Great Lakes on Friday as the system crosses the area. Heavy snow is possible in the central Appalachians Friday night.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
17NM NNE Montegue Island AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:32 pm AKDT Oct 30, 2014
Forecast Valid: 11pm AKDT Oct 30, 2014-6pm AKST Nov 6, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA 995 MB LOW 50 NM SOUTH OF SEWARD WILL WEAKEN AS IT MOVES OVER
THE SOUTHERN KENAI PENINSULA FRI MORNING. A SECONDARY 979 MB LOW
WILL FORM 50 NM SOUTHEAST OF CHIGNIK FRI MORNING THEN MOVE TO 30
NM SOUTH OF SEWARD AT 981 MB SAT AFTERNOON.
- Overnight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Patchy fog. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday ESE wind around 10 kt. Showers likely, mainly after 1pm. Patchy fog. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night E wind 20 to 30 kt. Rain. Patchy fog. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday E wind 20 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Rain. Patchy fog. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night ESE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Patchy fog. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Patchy fog. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night ESE wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday ENE wind around 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night NNE wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE