Powerful snowstorm, including blizzard conditions, forecast in parts of the Northeast Monday into Tuesday
The clipper system bringing snow to the Ohio Valley and mid-Atlantic Sunday and Monday will transition to a strong nor'easter Monday into Tuesday. Heavy snow and strong wind, even blizzard conditions, are possible in parts of the northern mid-Atlantic and New England. A Blizzard Watch is in effect from coastal New Jersey to Massachusetts. Winter Storm Watches stretch from Delaware to Maine.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
12NM NNE Montegue Island AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 7:18 am AKST Jan 25, 2015
Forecast Valid: 10am AKST Jan 25, 2015-6pm AKST Jan 31, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA 989 MB LOW WILL PERSIST OVER THE PRINCE WILLIAM SOUND REGION
THROUGH TODAY...THEN SLOWLY WEAKEN TONIGHT. A FRONT WILL APPROACH
THE SOUTHWEST GULF ON MON.
- Today WNW wind around 20 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight NW wind 10 to 15 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday NNE wind around 10 kt. A slight chance of snow showers after noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night N wind around 10 kt. Scattered snow showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday NNE wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Scattered snow showers after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday NE wind around 15 kt. A chance of snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night NE wind around 10 kt. A chance of snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday ENE wind around 10 kt. Rain and snow likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE