Threat of flash flooding continues on Sunday for Southern Plains and Inter-Mountain West
High levels of moisture still remain in portions of the Southern Plains and Inter-Mountain West on Sunday. This will continue the threat of locally heavy rainfall for one more day. Isolated locations could receive 1-2 inches of additional rainfall on Sunday. The areal coverage of these storms should be less than previous days.
17NM NNE Montegue Island AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:01 pm AKDT Sep 20, 2014
Forecast Valid: 7am AKDT Sep 21, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 27, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA 990 MB NORTHEAST PACIFIC LOW STRENGTHENS TO 978 MB AS IT MOVES
TO 110 NM SOUTH OF CAPE FAIRWEATHER THIS AFTERNOON BEFORE MOVING
INLAND EAST OF YAKUTAT. A RESIDUAL 986 MB LOW DEVELOPS 110 NM
NORTHEAST OF MIDDLETON ISLAND SUN AFTERNOON...THEN WEAKENS TO
1003 MB AS IT MOVES TO 90 NM SOUTHWEST OF MIDDLETON ISLAND MON
AFTERNOON. THE LOW WEAKENS IN PLACE THROUGH LATE MON NIGHT.
- Today N wind around 10 kt becoming NW in the afternoon. Scattered showers before 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight NNW wind 10 to 15 kt. Scattered showers after 7pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday NNE wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night NNE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming E after midnight. Scattered showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night NNW wind 5 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday N wind around 15 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night N wind around 10 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE