Active weather pattern Sunday brings threat of wintry weather to several parts of U.S
A few areas of active weather are expected on Sunday. The first will be in the Southwest, where locally heavy rain and mountain snow are possible from California to the Rockies. Farther east, wintry weather is possible over a large portion of the country. Numerous Winter Weather Advisories and a few Winter Storm Warnings are in effect from the southern Plains to New England.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Cape Hinchinbrook AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 7:44 am AKST Mar 1, 2015
Forecast Valid: 3pm AKST Mar 1, 2015-6pm AKST Mar 7, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA FRONT WILL MOVE INTO THE SOUTHWEST GULF SUN NIGHT THEN INTO THE
NORTHERN GULF BY MON AFTERNOON...PERSISTING ALONG THE NORTH GULF
COAST THROUGH LATE MON NIGHT.
- This Afternoon Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight NNE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming E after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday E wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain after noon. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Monday Night E wind 15 to 20 kt increasing to 25 to 30 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 40 kt. Rain. Seas 4 ft building to 7 ft.
- Tuesday ESE wind 20 to 25 kt decreasing to 10 to 15 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 35 kt. Rain. Seas 4 to 6 ft.
- Tuesday Night SSE wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely. Seas around 3 ft.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Thursday NNE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE