Severe weather possible for parts of northern Plains
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon and evening across portions of the northern Plains, from extreme south-central North Dakota into eastern South Dakota. Isolated severe thunderstorms capable of hail and locally-strong wind gusts are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
1NM WSW Cape Hinchinbrook AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 6:00 am AKDT Sep 30, 2014
Forecast Valid: 4pm AKDT Sep 30, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 6, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- This Afternoon NNW wind around 10 kt. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight NNW wind around 10 kt. Clear. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday NNW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming ENE in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday NNE wind around 10 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday Night N wind around 15 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Friday NNE wind around 15 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 5 ft.
- Friday Night N wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Saturday NNE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE