Powerful nor'easter continues to affect areas across Northeast
The powerful nor'easter that brought moderate to heavy snowfall and blizzard conditions to the Northeast on Monday will continue to affect the region on Tuesday, with heavy snow and blizzard conditions expected from eastern Long Island to Maine as the system slowly moves to the northeast. Snow and strong winds will being tapering off from south to north Tuesday night into Wednesday morning.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Cape Hinchinbrook AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:38 am AKST Jan 28, 2015
Forecast Valid: 8am AKST Jan 28, 2015-6pm AKST Feb 3, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA FRONT MOVING NORTH THROUGH THE GULF WILL REACH THE GULF COAST
THIS MORNING...THEN DISSIPATE BY THIS EVENING. WEAK HIGH PRESSURE
WILL THEN BUILD OVER THE EASTERN GULF STARTING THU MORNING AND
PERSIST THROUGH LATE THU NIGHT.
- Today N wind around 15 kt. A chance of rain and snow. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Tonight NNE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain and snow. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Thursday ENE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain and snow. Seas around 4 ft.
- Thursday Night E wind around 10 kt. Rain and snow, becoming all rain after midnight. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Friday ENE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely, mainly before noon. Seas around 4 ft.
- Friday Night NE wind around 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Saturday NE wind around 15 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday Night NE wind around 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 5 to 6 ft.
- Sunday NE wind around 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 5 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE