Unsettled weather to continue today across the northern Plains and Midwest; severe weather possible Tuesday along Gulf Coast
Unsettled weather will continue today over the Northern Plains and Upper Midwest where wintry precipitation is forecast, with several inches of snow from South Dakota eastward into Minnesota and northern Michigan. A well-defined cold front will advance eastward with showers and storms developing along and ahead of it. Some storms along the Gulf Coast could become severe on Tuesday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Cape Hinchinbrook AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 9:14 am AKST Dec 22, 2014
Forecast Valid: 2pm AKST Dec 22, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 28, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA COMPLEX LOW AROUND 1001 MB OVER THE WESTERN GULF WILL SLOWLY
WEAKEN IN PLACE AND DISSIPATE BY TUE MORNING. A NORTH PACIFIC LOW
WILL STRENGTHEN TO 978 MB 380 NM SOUTHEAST OF YAKUTAT TUE MORNING
AND MOVE INLAND AROUND 992 MB JUST NE OF HAIDA GWAII WED MORNING.
- This Afternoon S wind around 10 kt. Showers likely. Seas around 4 ft.
- Tonight SSE wind around 10 kt becoming E after midnight. Showers likely. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers before noon. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday SSW wind 5 to 15 kt becoming ESE in the afternoon. A chance of rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Wednesday Night E wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Christmas Day ESE wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday Night E wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Friday NE wind around 10 kt becoming N in the afternoon. A chance of rain. Seas around 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE