Flash flooding possible across southern Plains through early Thursday
A wet weather system continues across the southern U.S., with abundant moisture bringing heavy rain and a risk of flash flooding to parts of the southern Plains through early Thursday. The heaviest rain will fall across Oklahoma into western Arkansas. The flash flood threat should diminish later Thursday, as the system weakens over Texas.
1NM WSW Cape Hinchinbrook AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 6:12 am AKDT Jul 30, 2014
Forecast Valid: 4pm AKDT Jul 30, 2014-6pm AKDT Aug 5, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- This Afternoon ESE wind around 10 kt. Isolated showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight E wind 5 to 10 kt. Isolated showers before 7pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday E wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of showers. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE