Heavy rain possible for parts of the northern Rockies & Plains; Severe storms for the Upper Midwest
An unseasonably strong storm system in the northwest U.S. will bring showers and thunderstorms, some heavy, to parts of the northern Rockies and northern Plains through Saturday. Isolated flash floods will be possible in these areas. Some of the storms could be severe in parts of the Dakotas into Minnesota, with large hail and damaging winds.
1NM WSW Cape Hinchinbrook AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:05 pm AKDT Aug 22, 2014
Forecast Valid: 6pm AKDT Aug 22, 2014-6pm AKDT Aug 29, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Patchy fog after 1am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Patchy fog before 1pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain after 1am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday E wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain, mainly after 1pm. Seas 1 to 3 ft.
- Sunday Night E wind 15 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Rain. Seas 5 to 6 ft.
- Monday SSE wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Monday Night S wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE