Calm, but cold conditions move into eastern, southern U.S. behind storm
The late-season winter storm that brought snow and ice to parts of the eastern and southern U.S. has moved offshore and in its wake high pressure and arctic air will settle in. Temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal on Friday across these regions. Meanwhile, light snow showers are possible across parts of the Upper Midwest and Great Lakes.
18NM N Chenega AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:31 am AKST Mar 6, 2015
Forecast Valid: 9am AKST Mar 6, 2015-6pm AKDT Mar 12, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEATHER FRONT WILL CROSS THE WESTERN GULF SAT MORNING AND MOVE
THROUGH THE CENTRAL GULF SUN MORNING.
- Today SSE wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain likely before noon. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight S wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday S wind 5 to 15 kt becoming W in the afternoon. Rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday Night W wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain and snow before midnight. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday WNW wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday Night WNW wind around 10 kt. Scattered snow showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday NW wind around 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday Night NNW wind around 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday N wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE