Warmup expected in the East, cooler weather forecast across parts of West
Much of the eastern U.S. will see a significant warming trend beginning on Friday, with high temperatures as much as 10-15 degrees warmer than on Thursday. The warming trend will continue into the weekend. Meanwhile, temperatures will be on the decrease across much of the northern Plains and Intermountain West over the next several days.
24NM N Chenega AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:31 am AKST Nov 28, 2014
Forecast Valid: 12pm AKST Nov 28, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 4, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL REMAIN OVER THE EASTERN GULF THROUGH FRI
AFTERNOON. A 1016 MB LOW WILL FORM NEAR GORE POINT SAT MORNING
AND THEN MOVE TO 80 NM S OF ICY CAPE AT 1009 MB EARLY SUN MORNING.
- This Afternoon Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain and snow. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain and snow before 9pm, then snow likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Snow before 9am, then rain and snow. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night NW wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain and snow likely before midnight. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday NW wind around 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday NE wind around 10 kt. A chance of snow showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday Night NE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain and snow. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday SE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE