Rain, thunderstorms possible for parts of Texas and Gulf Coast; additional rain and mountain snow forecast out West
A developing storm system will bring rain and thunderstorms across parts of South Texas and the western Gulf Coast on Thursday. Some of the thunderstorms that develop late Thursday night into Friday have the potential to be severe. Meanwhile, additional rainfall and mountain snow is forecast for northern California and the Pacific Northwest.
18NM N Chenega AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:05 pm AKST Dec 18, 2014
Forecast Valid: 6pm AKST Dec 18, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 25, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA LARGE AND BROAD 971 MB LOW WILL REMAIN APPROXIMATELY 360 NM
SOUTH OF MIDDLETON ISLAND THROUGH SUNDAY WITH NUMEROUS FRONTS
TRACKING INTO THE NORTH GULF COAST THROUGH THE PERIOD.
- Tonight NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Rain after midnight. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Friday NE wind around 15 kt. Rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Friday Night NNE wind around 15 kt. Rain likely, mainly before midnight. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday NE wind 10 to 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday Night N wind around 10 kt. Rain likely, mainly after midnight. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday NNE wind around 10 kt. Rain and snow likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night ENE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday NE wind around 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday Night NE wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain and snow likely. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE