On Saturday, severe weather will be possible across portions of the northern Plains while dry and hot conditions begin returning to the West.
Severe weather is possible over parts of the northern Plains on Saturday. During the late afternoon and early evening hours, large hail and isolated tornadoes will be the primary threats with damaging winds becoming the greatest threat in the late evening hours. Out west, hot and dry conditions begin to return bringing increased heat dangers and fire weather concerns.
24NM N Chenega AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:00 pm AKDT Aug 29, 2014
Forecast Valid: 9pm AKDT Aug 29, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 5, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA 999 MB LOW 110 NM S OF YAKUTAT WILL MOVE TO NEAR MONTAGUE ISLAND
AT 1001 MB SAT AFTERNOON AND THEN WEAKEN INTO AN OPEN TROUGH BY
EARLY SUN MORNING. A 1002 MB LOW NEAR CHIGNIK SAT MORNING WILL
MOVE TO 240 NM S OF YAKUTAT AT 997 MB LATE SAT NIGHT AND THEN
MOVE INLAND SUN AFTERNOON.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered rain, mainly before 1am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday NNW wind around 10 kt. A slight chance of rain before 7am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night NW wind 5 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday WNW wind 5 to 10 kt. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night W wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 2 ft.
- Labor Day Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE