Developing storm will spread rain across eastern U.S.; thunderstorms in the Southeast
A storm system developing in the South will move up the Mississippi River Valley on Sunday bringing rainfall to much of the eastern U.S., along with thunderstorms in the southeastern states. Some of the thunderstorms in the Southeast could produce large hail, damaging wind and heavy rain.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
24NM N Chenega AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:32 pm AKST Nov 22, 2014
Forecast Valid: 2am AKST Nov 23, 2014-6pm AKST Nov 29, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEATHER FRONT OVER THE NORTHERN GULF WILL MOVE INLAND ALONG THE
NORTH GULF COAST TONIGHT. A 975 MB LOW 60 NM WEST OF SAND POINT
WILL MOVE TO 40 NM SOUTHEAST OF KODIAK ISLAND AT 1002 MB MON
- Overnight SSE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming ESE. Showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday ESE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming ENE 10 to 15 kt in the afternoon. Showers. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday Night E wind 10 to 15 kt. Showers. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Monday ENE wind 5 to 10 kt. Showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday Night ENE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming N after midnight. Showers likely, mainly before 7pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday N wind 5 to 10 kt. Scattered showers before 1pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE