Severe weather possible for parts of Midwest, northern Plains, central Oregon
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon & evening for three areas across the central & western U.S.: one are extends from the central Plains east-northeastward into lower Michigan; another across parts of the northern Plains and the third across parts of central Oregon. Damaging wind & large hail will be the main threats for all three areas.
24NM N Chenega AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 6:09 am AKDT Jul 22, 2014
Forecast Valid: 10am AKDT Jul 22, 2014-6pm AKDT Jul 28, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL PERSIST OVER THE GULF THROUGH TUE EVENING AND
THEN MOVE TO THE EASTERN GULF BY WED AFTERNOON. A WEAK TROUGH OF
LOW PRESSURE WILL DEVELOP OVER THE WESTERN GULF WED MORNING AND
SPREAD INTO THE CENTRAL GULF BY THU MORNING.
- Today Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely, mainly after 1am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday NE wind 5 to 10 kt. Showers likely, mainly before 7am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE