Severe storms and heavy rain possible from parts of Plains to Great Lakes on Labor Day
Isolated severe thunderstorms are forecast to develop on Labor Day along and ahead of a cold front from parts of the southern Great Lakes southwestward across Illinois and Missouri into southeast Kansas. Damaging winds, large hail and heavy rainfall will be possible with these storms.
24NM N Chenega AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:55 pm AKDT Aug 31, 2014
Forecast Valid: 5am AKDT Sep 1, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 7, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD OVER THE GULF THROUGH EARLY WED MORNING.
- Labor Day NW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming WSW in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers after 7pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE