Wet weather continues across Pacific Northwest
A series of storm systems will bring several rounds of rain to the Pacific Northwest and northern California over the next several days. Heavy rain, high winds and thunderstorms are expected, especially along the coast. Meanwhile, rain and gusty winds will taper off across New England as the coastal low that has been affecting that area moves offshore.
24NM N Chenega AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:32 am AKDT Oct 24, 2014
Forecast Valid: 9am AKDT Oct 24, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 30, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE OVER THE NORTH GULF COAST WILL PERSIST
THROUGH LATE SUN NIGHT.
- Today N wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers, mainly after 1pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight N wind around 10 kt. Showers likely, mainly after 1am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday N wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain and snow showers likely before 1pm, then a slight chance of rain showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night N wind 5 to 10 kt becoming WNW after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday NNW wind 5 to 10 kt. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday Night ENE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming N after midnight. A chance of rain and snow showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday NNW wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain and snow showers. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE