Winter Storm Continues Across Central U.S.
The powerful winter storm that has been affecting much of the central and western U.S. continues to intensify as it moves into Canada. Snow is tapering off across the Upper Midwest, but heavy snow is possible on Thur. from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley. Freezing rain is possible from TX to the Ohio Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 5 mph
- Barometer30.42 in (1030.4 mb)
- Dewpoint25°F (-4°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill21°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Anchorage International Airport (PANC)
Lat: 61.17 Lon: -150 Elev: 114ft.
13 Miles WNW Gilpatricks AK
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow and freezing rain before noon, then rain. High near 36. East wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Tonight A chance of rain before 9pm, then a chance of freezing rain between 9pm and midnight, then a slight chance of snow and freezing rain after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 31. East wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Friday A slight chance of rain and snow showers before noon, then a slight chance of rain showers. Cloudy, with a high near 37. East wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 35. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 19.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Wednesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 23.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Kenai Peninsula, AK
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE