Nor'easter to impact East Coast Thanksgiving travel
An active weather pattern is shaping up across the eastern U.S. as a nor'easter continues to be forecast to move up the East Coast through early Thursday. This storm will bring precipitation up and down the coast, mostly in the form of rain along coastal areas, with snow expected farther inland. These conditions are expected to impact Thanksgiving travel conditions on Wednesday.
4NM W Portage AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:32 pm AKST Nov 25, 2014
Forecast Valid: 9pm AKST Nov 25, 2014-6pm AKST Dec 2, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL REMAIN OVER THE GULF OF ALASKA THROUGH THU
- Tonight WNW wind 10 to 15 kt. Patchy fog. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday WNW wind 15 to 20 kt. Patchy fog. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night WNW wind 15 to 20 kt decreasing to 5 to 10 kt after midnight. Patchy fog. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thanksgiving Day Variable winds 5 kt or less. Patchy fog. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE