Severe thunderstorms are possible Tuesday across portions of the eastern Plains
Isolated severe thunderstorms are possible Tuesday across portions of the eastern Plains. A few strong storms may also develop south into the High Plains. Primary threat will be strong winds, however a tornado or two is also possible especially across eastern South Dakota into eastern Nebraska during the afternoon.
4NM W Portage AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:00 pm AKDT Sep 29, 2014
Forecast Valid: 4am AKDT Sep 30, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 6, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA 1002 MB LOW 40 NM WEST OF YAKUTAT WILL WEAKEN TO 1007 MB BEFORE
TRACKING INLAND OVER THE NORTHERN PANHANDLE THIS AFTERNOON. A
DEVELOPING LOW OVER THE NORTH PACIFIC MOVES TO 440 NM SOUTH OF
KODIAK ISLAND EARLY THURSDAY MORNING.
- Overnight W wind around 25 kt. Clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday W wind 20 to 25 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night W wind around 15 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday W wind 10 to 15 kt decreasing to 5 to 10 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NNW wind around 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night NW wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE