Powerful nor'easter continues to affect areas across Northeast
The powerful nor'easter that brought moderate to heavy snowfall and blizzard conditions to the Northeast on Monday will continue to affect the region on Tuesday, with heavy snow and blizzard conditions expected from eastern Long Island to Maine as the system slowly moves to the northeast. Snow and strong winds will being tapering off from south to north Tuesday night into Wednesday morning.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
2NM W Portage AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:32 pm AKST Jan 27, 2015
Forecast Valid: 1am AKST Jan 28, 2015-6pm AKST Feb 3, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA FRONT OVER THE SOUTHERN GULF WILL MOVE TO THE NORTHERN TO
WESTERN GULF WED AFTERNOON THEN SLOWLY DIMINISH THROUGH THURSDAY.
- Overnight E wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday E wind 5 to 10 kt becoming W in the afternoon. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night W wind 5 to 10 kt. Snow likely, mainly after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday W wind 5 to 10 kt. Snow likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Snow likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE