Severe weather possible for parts of central U.S.
Widespread thunderstorm activity is expected to develop on Thursday along a cold front moving eastward across the plains into the Mississippi Valley. A potential for damaging wind gusts will develop with the stronger thunderstorms. Hail will also be possible in the ArkLaTex and Ozarks.
7NM ENE Passage Canal AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 7:45 pm AKDT Oct 1, 2014
Forecast Valid: 3am AKDT Oct 2, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 8, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA 987 MB LOW 400 NM SOUTH OF MIDDLETON ISLAND WED NIGHT WILL MOVE
TO 185 NM SOUTHEAST OF SITKINAK THU AFTERNOON AND THEN MOVE 100
NM EAST OF MIDDLETON ISLAND AT 983 MB FRI AFTERNOON.
- Overnight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NNW wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain after 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain before 1pm, then rain and snow likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain and snow likely before 7pm, then a chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday NNW wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night NNW wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain and snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE