Unseasonably cold temperatures spreading into central U.S.
A strong cold front will usher a much colder air mass into the central and eastern U.S. for the end of the work week. Temperatures will be 10 to 20 degrees below average in some areas. Rain and snow will be possible across the Great Lakes on Friday as the system crosses the area. Heavy snow is possible in the central Appalachians Friday night.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
7NM ENE Passage Canal AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:32 pm AKDT Oct 30, 2014
Forecast Valid: 4am AKDT Oct 31, 2014-6pm AKST Nov 6, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA 995 MB LOW 50 NM SOUTH OF SEWARD WILL WEAKEN AS IT MOVES OVER
THE SOUTHERN KENAI PENINSULA FRI MORNING. A SECONDARY 979 MB LOW
WILL FORM 50 NM SOUTHEAST OF CHIGNIK FRI MORNING THEN MOVE TO 30
NM SOUTH OF SEWARD AT 981 MB SAT AFTERNOON.
- Overnight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of snow showers between 7am and 1pm, then rain and snow showers likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night NE wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain and snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain and snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain and snow. Patchy fog. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain and snow. Patchy fog. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night ENE wind around 10 kt. Rain and snow, becoming all rain after 7pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain and snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain and snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE