Severe thunderstorms and heavy rain expected over parts of the mid-Mississippi and lower Ohio Valleys Saturday and Saturday night
The NWS Storm Prediction Center has issued a Moderate Risk of severe thunderstorms for Saturday and Saturday night across parts of the middle Mississippi and lower Ohio Valleys. Very large hail, strong wind gusts and a few tornadoes are expected in this area. Also, these storms could produce heavy rain that could lead to flash flooding, especially from central Indiana to southern Ohio.
7NM ENE Passage Canal AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 6:00 am AKDT Jul 26, 2014
Forecast Valid: 10am AKDT Jul 26, 2014-6pm AKDT Aug 1, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA 1007 MB LOW 150 NM SOUTHEAST OF CAPE SAINT ELIAS WEAKENS TO
1014 MB SUN AFTERNOON 40 NM SOUTHWEST OF MIDDLETON ISLAND AND
THEN DISSIPATES. A 1012 MB LOW MOVES TO 250 NM WEST OF HAIDA GWAII
- Today Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers, mainly after 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely, mainly between 7pm and 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers before 7am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE