Severe weather possible for parts of central Plains
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon and evening across portions of the central Plains, from northeastern Colorado into portions of southwestern Nebraska and northwestern Kansas. Large hail, damaging straight-line winds will be the main threats, though a couple of tornadoes are possible, as well.
7NM ENE Passage Canal AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 6:08 am AKDT Aug 27, 2014
Forecast Valid: 12pm AKDT Aug 27, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 2, 2014
COASTAL WATERS FORECAST FOR THE NORTHERN GULF OF ALASKA COAST
UP TO 100 NM OUT INCLUDING KODIAK ISLAND AND COOK INLET.
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA BERING SEA LOW WILL INTENSIFY TO 996 MB AS IT MOVES TO 35 NM
NORTHWEST OF SITKINAK THIS AFTERNOON. THE LOW WILL THEN MOVE TO
300 NM SOUTH OF CAPE SUCKLING AT 1000 MB LATE THU NIGHT.
- This Afternoon E wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight E wind around 10 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday NE wind 5 to 10 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers before 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE