Severe weather expected for Upper Midwest on Wednesday
A potent storm system will bring a chance of severe thunderstorms to parts of the Upper Midwest on Wednesday and Wednesday night. Very large hail, damaging wind gusts, tornadoes and heavy rain are possible with these storms.
0NM NNW Hope AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:08 pm AKDT Sep 2, 2014
Forecast Valid: 7pm AKDT Sep 2, 2014-6pm AKDT Sep 9, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE OVER THE GULF WILL MOVE SOUTHEAST WED NIGHT. A WEAK
TROUGH OVER THE NORTH GULF COAST WILL BE ABSORBED INTO A FRONT
MOVING INTO THE WESTERN GULF THU.
- Tonight SSW wind around 10 kt. Rain likely, mainly after 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain likely, mainly before 7am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night ESE wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain after 7pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday ESE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE