Heavy Snow For the Southern Rockies with Heavy Rain for Portions of the Southwest
A moist flow off the Pacific will bring heavy rain to southern California and Arizona with heavy snow for the southern Rocky Mountains Monday. More freezing rain is possible from the southern Plains to the central Mississippi Valley. Heavy snow is also expected for portions of New England and upstate New York Monday.
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:32 pm AKST Mar 1, 2015
Forecast Valid: 3am AKST Mar 2, 2015-6pm AKDT Mar 8, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA WEATHER FRONT OVER THE SOUTHWEST GULF WILL MOVE TO THE NORTHERN
GULF BY MON AFTERNOON THEN WEAKEN THROUGH TUE AFTERNOON.
- Overnight E wind around 15 kt. Patchy fog. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday E wind 20 to 30 kt. A slight chance of rain and snow after noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night ESE wind 30 to 35 kt. Rain and snow likely, mainly after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday ESE wind 25 to 35 kt. Rain and snow likely, becoming all rain after noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night ESE wind 15 to 20 kt. Rain and snow likely before midnight, then scattered rain and snow showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday ESE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NNW in the afternoon. Scattered rain and snow showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain and snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain and snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE