A stalled frontal boundary and ample monsoonal moisture will lead to flash flood potential from the Great Basin to the Great Plains tonight and Tuesday
A stalled frontal boundary will set up along the southern and central Rockies for the next couple of days providing focus for showers and thunderstorms. In addition, ample monsoonal moisture will stream in across the southwest bringing enough moisture to introduce a flash flood threat from the Great Basin and Southwest eastward across the central and southern Rockies into the adjacent Plains.
0NM NNW Hope AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:11 pm AKDT Jul 28, 2014
Forecast Valid: 7pm AKDT Jul 28, 2014-6pm AKDT Aug 4, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA 1012 MB LOW 300 NM SOUTH OF YAKUTAT WILL DRIFT TO 190 NM SOUTH
OF MIDDLETON ISLAND WED AFTERNOON. A 1011 MB LOW NEAR CHINIAK
LATE TONIGHT WILL MOVE TO 190 NM SOUTHEAST OF SITKINAK TUE AFTERNOON
AND THEN SOUTH OF THE AREA TUE NIGHT.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Rain, mainly before 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday NNW wind 5 to 10 kt. Isolated showers before 7am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Isolated showers before 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night SSE wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE