Developing storm will spread rain across eastern U.S.; thunderstorms in the Southeast
A storm system developing in the South will move up the Mississippi River Valley on Sunday bringing rainfall to much of the eastern U.S., along with thunderstorms in the southeastern states. Some of the thunderstorms in the Southeast could produce large hail, damaging wind and heavy rain.
0NM NNW Hope AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:31 am AKST Nov 23, 2014
Forecast Valid: 8am AKST Nov 23, 2014-6pm AKST Nov 29, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA 983 MB LOW OVER THE SHUMAGIN ISLANDS MOVES TO 100 NM WEST-
SOUTHWEST OF SITKINAK AT 995 MB SUN NIGHT...THEN BECOMES BROAD
AND DIFFUSE OVER THE CENTRAL GULF OF ALASKA WHILE WEAKENING TO
1012 MB MON NIGHT.
- Today E wind 15 to 20 kt. Scattered snow showers before noon, then scattered rain and snow showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight ESE wind 15 to 20 kt. A chance of snow showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday E wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of snow showers, mainly before noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thanksgiving Day Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE