Much needed precipitation continues across the Southwest; central and eastern U.S. prepare for more winter weather
Widespread and much-needed precipitation across the Southwest will begin to spread into the Plains through Saturday. As the moisture encounters an Arctic airmass dropping down through the north-central U.S., moderate to heavy snow is expected to develop across the Midwest Saturday and then move into portions of the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast on Sunday.
11NM SW College Fjord AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 5:31 am AKST Jan 31, 2015
Forecast Valid: 8am AKST Jan 31, 2015-6pm AKST Feb 6, 2015
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA FRONT WILL MOVE INTO THE SOUTHERN GULF FRI NIGHT AND SPREAD
INTO THE CENTRAL GULF SAT. THIS FRONT WILL THEN REMAIN STATIONARY
AND SLOWLY WEAKEN THROUGH SUN.
- Today Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night ENE wind around 10 kt. A chance of snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday ENE wind around 10 kt. A chance of snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE