Coastal low to bring gusty winds and periods of heavy rain to New England while moderate to heavy rain is expected to linger in the Pacific Northwest and northern California
A coastal low will slowly intensify before moving out of the New England area. Increasingly heavy rainfall will impact the region through Friday. In addition, winds will increase and seas will become rough as the storm gradually intensifies just off the coast. Out west, a cold front approaching the Pacific Northwest will bring moderate to heavy rain to Washington, Oregon and northern California.
20NM WSW College Fjord AK
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 4:32 pm AKDT Oct 21, 2014
Forecast Valid: 9pm AKDT Oct 21, 2014-6pm AKDT Oct 28, 2014
WIND FORECASTS REFLECT THE PREDOMINANT SPEED AND DIRECTION
EXPECTED. SEA FORECASTS REPRESENT AN AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST
ONE-THIRD OF THE COMBINED WIND WAVE AND SWELL HEIGHT.
- SynopsisA 971 MB LOW 240 NM SOUTHWEST OF SITKA MOVES TO 520 NM SOUTHWEST
OF HAIDA GWAII AND WEAKENS TO 988 MB THU AFTERNOON. A SECONDARY
996 MB LOW MOVES TO 220 NM SOUTHWEST OF SITKA THU AFTERNOON. WEAK
LOW PRESSURE CONTINUES NEAR THE GULF COAST THROUGH THU.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Isolated showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night N wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain showers before 1am, then a chance of rain and snow showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday N wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain and snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night N wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain and snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE