Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Freezing Rain
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.45 in (1031.4 mb)
- Dewpoint17°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Merrill Field (PAMR)
Lat: 61.21 Lon: -149.85 Elev: 138ft.
3 Miles SSW Bonibrook AK
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly cloudy, with a high near 18. Calm wind.
- Tonight A 20 percent chance of snow. Patchy fog. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 15. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph.
- Thursday A chance of snow before 3pm, then a chance of snow and freezing rain. Patchy fog before noon. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 27. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Thursday Night A 40 percent chance of snow before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. East wind around 5 mph.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30. East wind around 5 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 33.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 16.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 23.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Anchorage, AK
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE