Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Snow Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedE 5 mph
- Barometer30.46 in (1031.9 mb)
- Dewpoint24°F (-4°C)
- Visibility4.00 mi
- Wind Chill21°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Harrisburg, Capital City Airport (KCXY)
Lat: 40.23 Lon: -76.85 Elev: 348ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Snow and sleet before 1am, then freezing rain and sleet. Low around 27. East wind around 6 mph becoming calm after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. Total nighttime snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Monday Rain, mainly before 1pm. High near 38. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A slight chance of snow showers before 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. West wind 10 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 34. West wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19. West wind 9 to 13 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 36.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 14.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 17.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Saturday Scattered snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Night Scattered snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Scattered snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 28. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Dauphin County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE