Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 10 mph
- Barometer29.26 in (991.0 mb)
- Dewpoint37°F (3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill49°F (9°C)
Current conditions at
Harrisburg, Capital City Airport (KCXY)
Lat: 40.23°N Lon: 76.85°W Elev: 348ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Rain likely, then rain and possibly a thunderstorm after 3pm. High near 57. Southeast wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Tonight Rain and snow showers before midnight, then a chance of snow showers between midnight and 3am. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 17. Windy, with a northwest wind 17 to 22 mph increasing to 26 to 31 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 47 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26. Wind chill values as low as zero. Windy, with a northwest wind 24 to 26 mph, with gusts as high as 41 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 16. West wind 13 to 18 mph decreasing to 5 to 10 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 23 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 48. Southwest wind 5 to 11 mph.
- Friday Night A slight chance of rain and snow showers after 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 53.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 46.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 43.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Dauphin County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE