Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 6 mph
- Barometer30.38 in (1028.8 mb)
- Dewpoint10°F (-12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill26°F (-3°C)
Current conditions at
Washington DC, Reagan National Airport (KDCA)
Lat: 38.86 Lon: -77.03 Elev: 16ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near 31. West wind 8 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 23. West wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40. West wind 5 to 9 mph becoming light in the afternoon.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Calm wind.
- Saturday Snow and sleet likely before 1pm, then rain, snow, and sleet between 1pm and 4pm, then rain after 4pm. High near 37. Southeast wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain, mainly before midnight. Low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 35.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for District of Columbia, DC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE