Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
- Wind SpeedVrbl 2 mph
- Barometer30.00 in (1016.6 mb)
- Dewpoint46°F (8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Chicopee Falls / Westover Air Force Base (KCEF)
Lat: 42.21 Lon: -72.53 Elev: 246ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Scattered showers, mainly after 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 46. Northwest wind 6 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain, snow, and sleet, becoming all snow after 3am. Patchy fog between 9pm and 10pm. Low around 27. North wind 3 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday A chance of snow showers, mainly before 8am. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 37. Northwest wind 6 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 19. Northwest wind 3 to 8 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33. Light and variable wind becoming northwest around 5 mph.
- Sunday Night Snow likely, mainly after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Monday Rain, snow, and sleet, becoming all rain after 1pm. High near 38. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Eastern Hampden, MA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE