Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 3 mph
- Barometer29.94 in (1014.6 mb)
- Dewpoint48°F (9°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Chicopee Falls / Westover Air Force Base (KCEF)
Lat: 42.21 Lon: -72.53 Elev: 246ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Scattered showers. Patchy fog before 10am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 40 by 5pm. Northwest wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain, snow, and sleet, becoming all snow after 3am. Patchy fog between 9pm and 11pm. Low around 28. Calm wind becoming north 5 to 7 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday A chance of snow showers, mainly before 8am. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 37. Northwest wind 7 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 19. Northwest wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Snow likely, mainly after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Monday Rain, snow, and sleet, becoming all rain after 1pm. High near 39. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Monday Night A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 15.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Eastern Hampden, MA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE