Severe weather is expected across the central and southern Plains on Wednesday
The Storm Prediction Center is forecasting severe weather for Wednesday across much of the central and southern Plains. Primary threats will be large hail and damaging winds. There could also be small tornado risk farther south along the dryline.
Barometer29.94 in (1013.8 mb)
Current conditions at
Tuscaloosa Regional Airport (KTCL)
Lat: 33.23 Lon: -87.62 Elev: 186ft.
Tonight Clear. Lows around 50. Light winds. Thursday Partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 80s. South winds 10 to 15 mph. Thursday Night Mostly cloudy. Chance of thunderstorms in the evening...decreasing in coverage after midnight. Lows around 60. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent. Friday Partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of thunderstorms in the morning. Highs in the upper 70s. West winds around 5 mph. Friday Night Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 50s. Light winds. Saturday Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 80s. Saturday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 60s. Sunday Partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 80s. Sunday Night Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 60s. Monday Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 80s. Monday Night Thunderstorms likely. Lows in the mid 60s. Chance of rain 60 percent. Tuesday Mostly cloudy in the morning then becoming partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 70s. Tuesday Night Cooler. Mostly cloudy in the evening then clearing. A 20 percent chance of thunderstorms. Lows around 50. Wednesday Partly cloudy. Highs around 70.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE