Winter storm bringing snow, sleet and freezing rain from lower Miss. Valley to Northeast
A strong cold front moving across the eastern U.S. will bring heavy snow from parts of the Ohio Valley to the Northeast on Thursday, with rain, freezing rain and sleet possible from parts of the lower Mississippi Valley across the Southeast to the southern Mid-Atlantic. Snowfall totals of 5-10 inches are possible for some areas. Winter Storm Warnings remain in effect from Texas to Nantucket.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedN 17 mph
Barometer30.23 in (1023.5 mb)
Visibility10.00 mi Wind Chill35°F (2°C)
Current conditions at
Dothan, Dothan Regional Airport (KDHN)
Lat: 31.32 Lon: -85.45 Elev: 400ft.
Rest Of Tonight Much colder. Mostly cloudy. Rain likely early in the evening...then a slight chance of rain in the evening. Lows 35 to 40. North winds 15 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent. Friday Cooler. Partly cloudy in the morning then clearing. Highs around 53. North winds 10 to 15 mph. Friday Night Mostly clear. Lows 33 to 37. North winds around 5 mph. Saturday Warmer. Mostly sunny. Highs around 65. Northeast winds around 5 mph. Saturday Night Mostly clear. Lows around 38. Northeast winds around 5 mph. Sunday Partly cloudy. Highs around 64. Sunday Night Not as cool. Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain. Lows around 49. Monday Cloudy with rain likely. Highs 60 to 63. Chance of rain 60 percent. Monday Night Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain. Lows around 52. Tuesday Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain. Highs 64 to 67. Tuesday Night Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain. Lows around 53. Wednesday Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain. Highs 67 to 72. Wednesday Night Cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain. Lows around 55. Thursday Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain. Highs 71 to 74.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE