Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 319 PM EST SUN FEB 1 2015
Marine Zone Forecast
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM EST THIS EVENING
THROUGH MONDAY EVENING...
- SynopsisA COLD FRONT WILL APPROACH FROM THE WEST TONIGHT AND PASS THROUGH
THE AREA MONDAY MORNING LEADING TO WINDS NEAR GALE FORCE OVER MUCH
OF THE AREA. HIGH PRESSURE WILL THEN RETURN TO THE REGION BY
TUESDAY...BEFORE SHIFTING OFFSHORE AHEAD OF ANOTHER STORM SYSTEM
APPROACHING FROM THE GULF OF MEXICO THURSDAY AND FRIDAY. HIGH
PRESSURE WILL BUILD IN THE WAKE OF THAT SYSTEM FOR THE WEEKEND.
- Tonight S winds 10 kt...increasing to 15 to 20 kt with gusts to 25 kt late this evening and overnight. Waves building to 1 to 2 ft. A chance of showers after midnight. Showers likely late.
- Mon SW winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts to 30 kt...becoming W in the afternoon. Waves 1 to 2 ft. Showers with a slight chance of tstms in the morning...then a chance of showers in the afternoon.
- Mon Night NW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts to 25 kt...becoming N 10 to 15 kt after midnight. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Tue NE winds 5 to 10 kt.
- Tue Night E winds 5 kt.
- Wed NE winds 5 kt.
- Wed Night NW winds 5 kt. A chance of showers.
- Thu N winds 5 to 10 kt. A chance of showers.
- Thu Night N winds 10 to 15 kt. A chance of showers.
- Fri N winds 10 to 15 kt. A chance of showers.
- Fri Night N winds 10 kt.
mariners are reminded that winds and waves can be higher in and near tstms.
unless otherwise noted...waves 1 foot or less.
charleston harbor water temperature...51 degrees.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Charleston Harbor
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE