Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 949 PM EDT THU OCT 30 2014
Waters from Altamaha Sound GA to Fernandina Beach FL from 20 to 60 NM
Marine Zone Forecast
SEAS ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST
1/3 OF THE SEAS...ALONG WITH THE OCCASIONAL HEIGHT OF THE AVERAGE
HIGHEST 1/10 OF THE SEAS.
- SynopsisA COLD FRONT WILL PUSH SOUTHWARD ACROSS THE LOCAL WATERS EARLY
TONIGHT WITH A WIND SHIFT TO THE NORTH. A REINFORCING BUT DRY COLD
FRONT WILL PUSH SOUTH OF THE AREA FRIDAY NIGHT...WITH MUCH COLDER
AND WINDY NORTHERLY FLOW SATURDAY AS HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS WEST OF
THE REGION. SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY CONDITIONS WILL BE LIKELY SATURDAY.
WINDS WILL SHIFT ONSHORE AND RELAX EARLY NEXT WEEK AS THE HIGH
PRESSURE RIDGE SETTLES NORTH AND EAST OF THE LOCAL WATERS.
- Rest Of Tonight Variable winds 10 knots or less this evening...becoming north 10 to 15 knots after midnight. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Showers and scattered thunderstorms.
- Friday Northwest winds 15 knots. Seas 3 to 4 feet. Scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms in the morning... Then isolated showers in the afternoon.
- Friday Night Northwest winds 15 to 20 knots becoming west 25 knots after midnight. Seas 3 to 4 feet building to 4 to 6 feet with occasional seas up to 8 feet after midnight.
- Saturday Northwest winds 30 knots. Seas 7 to 10 feet with occasional seas up to 13 feet.
- Saturday Night Northwest winds 25 to 30 knots. Seas 7 to 10 feet with occasional seas up to 13 feet.
- Sunday North winds 20 knots. Seas 6 to 8 feet with occasional seas up to 10 feet.
- Sunday Night And Monday Northeast winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 5 to 7 feet with occasional seas up to 9 feet.
- Monday Night And Tuesday East winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 5 to 7 feet with occasional seas up to 9 feet.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Waters from Altamaha Sound GA to Fernandina Beach FL from 20 to 60 NM
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE