Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 335 AM EDT MON APR 21 2014
Waters from Altamaha Sound GA to Fernandina Beach FL from 20 to 60 NM
Marine Zone Forecast
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH LATE TONIGHT...
- SynopsisA LARGE LOW PRESSURE CENTER OFF THE CAROLINA COAST WILL CONTINUE
MOVING SLOWLY NORTHEASTWARD THROUGH TUESDAY. HIGH PRESSURE WILL
BUILD INTO OUR REGION OVERNIGHT...RESULTING IN DIMINISHING WINDS
AND SEAS. WINDS WILL BECOME OFFSHORE ON TUESDAY AHEAD OF A WEAK
COLD FRONT THAT WILL CROSS THE WATERS BY LATE TUESDAY NIGHT.
ONSHORE WINDS ARE EXPECTED BY LATE WEDNESDAY INTO THURSDAY AS WEAK
HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS TO THE NORTH OF OUR REGION.
- Today North winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 6 to 8 feet.
- Tonight North winds 10 knots...becoming west after midnight. seas 5 to 7 feet.
- Tuesday Southwest winds 10 knots. Seas 4 to 6 feet.
- Tuesday Night Southwest winds 15 knots...becoming northwest after midnight. Seas 3 to 5 feet. Isolated showers after midnight.
- Wednesday Northwest winds 10 to 15 knots...becoming northeast in the afternoon. Seas 2 to 4 feet.
- Wednesday Night East winds 10 knots. Seas 3 to 4 feet.
- Thursday Southeast winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 3 to 4 feet. isolated showers in the morning.
- Thursday Night South winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 3 to 4 feet. Isolated showers after midnight.
- Friday South winds 10 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Waters from Altamaha Sound GA to Fernandina Beach FL from 20 to 60 NM
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE