Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 1003 PM EDT TUE SEP 16 2014
Flagler Beach to Volusia-Brevard County Line 20-60 nm
Marine Zone Forecast
- SynopsisA WEAK FRONTAL BOUNDARY IS FORECAST TO SAG SOUTHWARD
THROUGH THE WATERS INTO WEDNESDAY NIGHT AND GRADUALLY DISSIPATE
OVER THE SOUTH FLORIDA PENINSULA ON THURSDAY. SHOWER AND
THUNDERSTORM CHANCES WILL BE HIGH AHEAD OF THE BOUNDARY THROUGH
WEDNESDAY. LONG PERIOD SWELLS FROM DISTANT HURRICANE EDOUARD WILL
BEGIN TO IMPACT THE EAST FLORIDA COAST OVERNIGHT AND PRODUCE
DANGEROUS CONDITIONS NEAR INLETS DURING THE OUTGOING TIDE
.GULF STREAM HAZARDS...NONE.
THE APPROXIMATE LOCATION OF THE WEST WALL OF THE GULF STREAM BASED
ON THE REAL TIME OCEAN FORECAST SYSTEM FROM TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 16TH.
45 NAUTICAL MILES EAST OF PONCE INLET.
35 NAUTICAL MILES EAST OF PORT CANAVERAL.
29 NAUTICAL MILES EAST OF SEBASTIAN INLET.
18 NAUTICAL MILES EAST OF FORT PIERCE INLET.
12 NAUTICAL MILES EAST OF SAINT LUCIE INLET.
- Overnight West winds 5 to 10 knots increasing to 10 to 15 knots late. Seas 3 to 4 feet with a dominant period 16 seconds. Chance of showers and thunderstorms.
- Wednesday West winds 10 to 15 knots becoming northwest 5 to 10 knots in the afternoon. Seas 4 to 6 feet with a dominant period 16 seconds. Numerous showers and scattered thunderstorms.
- Wednesday Night Northwest winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 4 to 6 feet with a dominant period 14 seconds. Scattered showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight.
- Thursday Northwest winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 3 to 4 feet. Slight chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms.
- Thursday Night Northeast winds 5 knots. Seas 3 feet. Slight chance of thunderstorms in the evening. Slight chance of showers.
- Friday Northeast winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Chance of showers and slight chance of thunderstorms.
- Friday Night Northeast winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 2 feet. Chance of showers.
- Saturday East winds 5 knots. Seas 3 to 4 feet. Chance of showers and slight chance of thunderstorms.
- Saturday Night Southeast winds 5 knots becoming south after midnight. Seas 4 to 5 feet. Slight chance of showers.
- Sunday South winds 5 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet. Isolated showers and thunderstorms.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Flagler Beach to Volusia-Brevard County Line 20-60 nm
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE