Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 235 PM EST TUE NOV 25 2014
Marine Zone Forecast
...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH THURSDAY
- SynopsisLOW PRES WILL DEVELOP ON THE FRONT OFF THE MID ATLANTIC COAST ON
WED AND TRACK NORTHEAST TO JUST SOUTH OF CAPE COD BY WED EVENING.
THE COASTAL LOW WILL CONTINUE NORTHEAST INTO THE MARITIMES WED
NIGHT. A TROUGH OF LOW PRES WILL LINGER OVER THE REGION ON THU.
HIGH PRES WILL BUILD IN FROM THE WEST ON FRI. A WARM FRONT LIFTS
INTO THE REGION FROM THE SOUTHWEST ON SAT...FOLLOWED BY A COLD
FRONTAL PASSAGE ON SUN.
- Tonight W winds 10 to 15 kt...becoming 5 to 15 kt after midnight. Gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Wed N winds 5 to 10 kt...becoming NE 5 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt in the afternoon. Seas 2 to 3 ft. Rain likely in the morning... Then snow and rain in the afternoon. Vsby 1 to 3 nm...decreasing to variable to less than one quarter nm in the afternoon.
- Wed Night N winds 15 to 25 kt with gusts up to 35 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft. Snow in the evening...then snow likely with a chance of rain after midnight. Vsby variable to less than one quarter nm.
- Thu N winds 10 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt... Diminishing to 5 to 10 kt in the afternoon. Seas 2 to 4 ft. A chance of showers and snow in the morning...then a chance of rain and snow showers in the afternoon. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Thu Night N winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft. A chance of snow and rain showers in the evening...then a chance of snow showers after midnight. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Fri NW winds around 10 kt. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Fri Night NW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt... Diminishing to 5 to 10 kt after midnight. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sat W winds 5 to 15 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sat Night SW winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Sun SW winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sun Night W winds 5 to 15 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Casco Bay
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE