Last Update: 717 AM EDT WED SEP 17 2014
Marine Zone Forecast
- SynopsisHIGH PRES BUILDS OVER THE WATERS THRU THU. ANOTHER COLD FRONT PASSES
THROUGH THU NIGHT AND EARLY FRI FROM N TO S FOLLOWED BY STRONG
CANADIAN HIGH PRES INTO NEXT WEEKEND.
FOR INFORMATION ON POSSIBLE HAZARDOUS WEATHER BEYOND THE 24-36 HOUR
FORECAST PERIOD...PLEASE VISIT WWW.WEATHER.GOV/BOSTON AND FOLLOW THE
CURRENT HAZARDS LINK ABOVE THE MAP ON THE LEFT.
- Today NW winds around 5 kt...becoming SW this afternoon. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight SW winds 5 to 10 kt...becoming W after midnight. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thu NW winds around 5 kt. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thu Night NW winds 10 to 15 kt...becoming N 15 to 20 kt after midnight. Seas around 2 ft.
- Fri NE winds 10 to 15 kt. Gusts up to 20 kt in the morning. Seas around 2 ft.
- Fri Night SE winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 1 foot or less.
- Sat S winds 5 to 10 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sat Night SW winds around 10 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sun S winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sun Night SW winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas around 2 ft. A chance of showers.
seas are reported as significant wave height...which is the average of the highest third of the waves. individual wave heights may be more than twice the significant wave height.
SEAS ARE REPORTED AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST THIRD OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVE HEIGHTS MAY BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Vineyard Sound
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE