Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 117 AM EDT FRI OCT 31 2014
Marine Zone Forecast
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH
- SynopsisWEAK HIGH PRES WILL SLIDE E OF THE WATERS ON FRI. LOW PRES WILL
INTENSIFY S OF NEW ENGLAND EARLY SAT...TRACKING JUST E OF GEORGES
BANK SUNDAY MORNING. HIGH PRES WILL PUSH E TOWARD THE WATERS LATE
SUNDAY AND MON. HIGH PRES MOVES E OF THE WATERS WITH A RETURN TO A
FOR INFORMATION ON POSSIBLE HAZARDOUS WEATHER BEYOND THE 24-36 HOUR
FORECAST PERIOD...PLEASE VISIT WWW.WEATHER.GOV/BOSTON AND FOLLOW THE
CURRENT HAZARDS LINK ABOVE THE MAP ON THE LEFT.
- Rest Of Tonight N winds around 5 kt. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Fri NE winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 1 foot or less.
- Fri Night NE winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas around 2 ft. Showers likely.
- Sat NE winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt...becoming N 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 40 kt in the afternoon. Seas 2 to 4 ft. Rain.
- Sat Night N winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 40 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft. Rain likely.
- Sun N winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 40 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft. A chance of showers.
- Sun Night NW winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 40 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Mon NW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 35 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Mon Night NW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Tue W winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tue Night SW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
seas are reported as significant wave height...which is the average of the highest third of the waves. individual wave heights may be more than twice the significant wave height.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Vineyard Sound
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE