Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 946 AM EDT FRI OCT 31 2014
Rhode Island Sound
Marine Zone Forecast
...STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY MORNING THROUGH SUNDAY
- SynopsisHIGH PRES WILL SLIDE N OF THE WATERS THIS AFTERNOON. LOW PRES
WILL INTENSIFY S OF NEW ENGLAND EARLY SAT...TRACKING JUST E OF
GEORGES BANK SUNDAY MORNING. HIGH PRES WILL PUSH E TOWARD THE
WATERS LATE SUNDAY AND MON. HIGH PRES MOVES E OF THE WATERS WITH A
RETURN TO A SW FLOW.
FOR INFORMATION ON POSSIBLE HAZARDOUS WEATHER BEYOND THE 24-36 HOUR
FORECAST PERIOD...PLEASE VISIT WWW.WEATHER.GOV/BOSTON AND FOLLOW THE
CURRENT HAZARDS LINK ABOVE THE MAP ON THE LEFT.
- This Afternoon NE winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight NE winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft. Rain likely.
- Sat NE winds 20 to 25 kt. Gusts up to 30 kt...increasing to 40 kt in the afternoon. Seas 3 to 5 ft. Rain likely. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Sat Night N winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 40 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft. Rain likely. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Sun N winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 40 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
- Sun Night NW winds 20 to 25 kt...diminishing to 15 to 20 kt after midnight. Gusts up to 40 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft.
- Mon NW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
- Mon Night W winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Tue SW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Tue Night SW winds around 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
seas are reported as significant wave height...which is the average of the highest third of the waves. individual wave heights may be more than twice the significant wave height.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Rhode Island Sound
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE