Last Update: 117 AM EDT TUE SEP 2 2014
Rhode Island Sound
Marine Zone Forecast
- SynopsisSOUTHWEST WINDS WILL PREVAIL ACROSS THE WATERS THROUGH TUESDAY ALONG
WITH WARM AND MUGGY AIR. A COLD FRONT IN THE GREAT LAKES WILL PUSH
ACROSS DURING THE TUESDAY OVERNIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD OVER
THE NORTHEAST FOR WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY...THEN MOVE OFFSHORE
FOR INFORMATION ON POSSIBLE HAZARDOUS WEATHER BEYOND THE 24-36 HOUR
FORECAST PERIOD...PLEASE VISIT WWW.WEATHER.GOV/BOSTON AND FOLLOW THE
CURRENT HAZARDS LINK ABOVE THE MAP ON THE LEFT.
- Rest Of Tonight SW winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft. Patchy fog. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Tue SW winds 5 to 10 kt...increasing to 10 to 15 kt in the afternoon. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tue Night SW winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Wed W winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Wed Night W winds 10 to 15 kt...becoming NW 5 to 10 kt after midnight. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Thu NW winds around 5 kt...becoming SW in the afternoon. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thu Night SW winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas around 2 ft.
- Fri SW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Fri Night SW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
- Sat SW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas 3 to 4 ft. A chance of showers and tstms.
- Sat Night NW winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft. A chance of showers and tstms.
winds and seas higher in and near tstms.
seas are reported as significant wave height...which is the average of the highest third of the waves. individual wave heights may be more than twice the significant wave height.
WINDS AND SEAS HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS. SEAS ARE REPORTED AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST THIRD OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVE HEIGHTS MAY BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Rhode Island Sound
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE