Last Update: 1047 AM EST FRI NOV 28 2014
Rhode Island Sound
Marine Zone Forecast
- SynopsisA WEAK DISTURBANCE WILL PASS ACROSS THE SOUTHERN WATERS THIS
AFTERNOON. HIGH PRES CENTERED OVER THE SOUTHEAST U.S. TODAY WILL
BUILD ACROSS THE WATERS SAT...THEN E OF THE WATERS SUNDAY. A COLD
FRONT WILL DROP DOWN ACROSS THE WATERS ON MON...THEN HIGH PRES
RETURNS ON TUE.
FOR INFORMATION ON POSSIBLE HAZARDOUS WEATHER BEYOND THE 24-36 HOUR
FORECAST PERIOD...PLEASE VISIT WWW.WEATHER.GOV/BOSTON AND FOLLOW THE
CURRENT HAZARDS LINK ABOVE THE MAP ON THE LEFT.
- This Afternoon NW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
- Tonight NW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt... Diminishing to 5 to 10 kt after midnight. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sat NW winds 5 to 10 kt...becoming SW in the afternoon. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sat Night SW winds 5 to 10 kt...increasing to 10 to 15 kt after midnight. Gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sun SW winds 10 to 15 kt...increasing to 15 to 20 kt in the afternoon. Gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft.
- Sun Night SW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft.
- Mon W winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft.
- Mon Night NW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
- Tue N winds around 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tue Night E winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
seas are reported as significant wave height...which is the average of the highest third of the waves. individual wave heights may be more than twice the significant wave height.
SEAS ARE REPORTED AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST THIRD OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVE HEIGHTS MAY BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Rhode Island Sound
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE