Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 1139 AM EST FRI NOV 21 2014
Fire Island Inlet NY to Moriches Inlet NY out 20 nm
Marine Zone Forecast
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH LATE TONIGHT...
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE BUILDS INTO THE REGION THROUGH TONIGHT AND SHIFTS
OFFSHORE ON SATURDAY. A WEAK WARM FRONT THEN PASSES NEARBY SATURDAY
NIGHT. ANOTHER WARM FRONT IS EXPECTED TO LIFT ACROSS THE AREA SUNDAY
NIGHT INTO MONDAY MORNING...WITH A COLD FRONTAL PASSAGE MONDAY
NIGHT. WEAK HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS BACK IN ON TUESDAY.
- This Afternoon NW winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft.
- Tonight NW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt...diminishing to 5 to 10 kt after midnight. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
- Sat SW winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas around 2 ft...building to 3 to 4 ft in the afternoon.
- Sat Night SW winds around 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft.
- Sun SW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft.
- Sun Night S winds 10 to 15 kt...becoming SE 15 to 20 kt after midnight. Seas 4 to 5 ft...building to 5 to 7 ft after midnight. Rain.
- Mon S winds 20 to 25 kt...becoming SW 15 to 20 kt in the afternoon...then increasing to 20 to 25 kt. Seas 7 to 10 ft. Rain likely in the morning...then a chance of showers in the afternoon.
- Tue W winds 15 to 20 kt...diminishing to 10 to 15 kt in the afternoon and evening...then becoming NW after midnight. Seas 5 to 8 ft...subsiding to 3 to 5 ft. A chance of rain through the night.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Fire Island Inlet NY to Moriches Inlet NY out 20 nm
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE