Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 1208 AM EDT FRI OCT 31 2014
Fire Island Inlet NY to Moriches Inlet NY out 20 nm
Marine Zone Forecast
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY EVENING THROUGH LATE
- SynopsisHIGH PRES WILL BUILD IN OVERNIGHT. LOW PRESSURE WILL DEVELOP OFF
THE MID ATLANTIC COAST ON FRIDAY...AND TRACK NORTHEAST INTO SATURDAY.
A SECOND LOW FORMS OFF THE SOUTHERN MID ATLANTIC COAST ON
SATURDAY...AND WILL INTENSIFY AND HEAD NORTHEAST TO THE CANADIAN
MARITIMES BY SUNDAY EVENING. HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD IN BEHIND THIS
STORM INTO TUESDAY.
- Overnight N winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas around 2 ft.
- Fri NE winds 5 to 10 kt...increasing to 10 to 15 kt in the afternoon. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Fri Night NE winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft...building to 4 to 7 ft after midnight. Light rain likely after midnight.
- Sat NE winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 6 to 9 ft. Rain in the morning...then light rain likely in the afternoon.
- Sat Night N winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 35 kt. Seas 6 to 9 ft. Chance of light rain in the evening.
- Sun NW winds 25 to 30 kt with gusts up to 40 kt. Seas 6 to 9 ft.
- Sun Night NW winds 25 to 30 kt...diminishing to 20 to 25 kt after midnight. Seas 6 to 9 ft.
- Mon W winds 15 to 20 kt...diminishing to 10 to 15 kt after midnight. Seas 4 to 7 ft...subsiding to 3 to 5 ft.
- Tue SW winds 10 to 15 kt...increasing to 15 to 20 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Fire Island Inlet NY to Moriches Inlet NY out 20 nm
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE