Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 920 PM EST TUE MAR 3 2015
Fire Island Inlet NY to Moriches Inlet NY out 20 nm
Marine Zone Forecast
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON...
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE WILL TRACK WELL NORTH OF THE AREA TONIGHT INTO
WEDNESDAY...PRECEDED BY A WARM FRONTAL PASSAGE LATE TONIGHT. A COLD
FRONT CROSSES THE AREA WEDNESDAY NIGHT...WITH WEAK WAVES OF LOW
PRESSURE RIDING ALONG IT INTO THURSDAY. HIGH PRESSURE THEN BUILDS IN
FROM THE WEST INTO FRIDAY. A COLD FRONT APPROACHES FROM THE WEST
SATURDAY...THEN CROSSES THE AREA SATURDAY NIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE
BUILDS IN ON SUNDAY.
- Overnight SW winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft. Rain or freezing rain late this evening...then rain.
- Wed W winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft. Light rain likely.
- Wed Night NW winds 5 to 10 kt...increasing to 10 to 15 kt after midnight. Seas 3 to 5 ft. Rain in the evening...then snow...sleet and rain after midnight.
- Thu N winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft. Snow. Vsby 1 to 3 nm in the afternoon.
- Thu Night NW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft. A chance of snow in the evening with vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Fri N winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt...becoming NW 5 to 10 kt in the afternoon. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Fri Night W winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas 1 ft or less...then 2 to 3 ft after midnight.
- Sat SW winds 15 to 20 kt...becoming W 10 to 15 kt after midnight. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sun NW winds 10 to 15 kt...becoming W 5 to 10 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Fire Island Inlet NY to Moriches Inlet NY out 20 nm
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE