Last Update: 936 PM EST SAT FEB 28 2015
Sandy Hook NJ to Fire Island Inlet NY out 20 nm
Marine Zone Forecast
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE OVER THE AREA SLIDES OFFSHORE INTO SUNDAY. A COLD
FRONT APPROACHES FROM THE WEST LATE SUNDAY...THEN CROSSES THE AREA
SUNDAY NIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS OVER THE AREA INTO TUESDAY. A
SLOW MOVING FRONTAL SYSTEM AFFECTS THE AREA FROM LATE TUESDAY INTO
EARLY THURSDAY. HIGH PRESSURE THEN BUILDS IN LATER ON THURSDAY.
- Overnight NW winds around 5 kt until early morning...becoming light and variable. Seas around 2 ft this evening...then 1 ft or less.
- Sun S winds around 5 kt...increasing to 5 to 10 kt in the afternoon. Seas 1 to 2 ft. A chance of snow early in the afternoon. Snow late.
- Sun Night S winds 5 to 10 kt...becoming W with gusts up to 20 kt after midnight. Seas 2 to 3 ft. Snow and freezing rain until early morning. Rain likely in the late evening and early morning...then a chance of snow...rain and freezing rain late. Vsby 1 nm or less... Increasing to 1 to 3 nm after midnight.
- Mon NW winds 15 to 20 kt...increasing to 20 to 25 kt in the afternoon. Gusts up to 30 kt. Seas building to 3 to 5 ft.
- Mon Night NW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt... Diminishing to 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt after midnight. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
- Tue NW winds 5 to 10 kt...becoming SE late. Seas 2 to 3 ft in the morning...then 1 ft or less...then around 2 ft late. A chance of rain in the afternoon.
- Tue Night S winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt...becoming SW 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt late. Seas 2 to 4 ft... Building to 5 to 8 ft. A chance of rain and snow early in the evening...then rain likely in the late evening and overnight. Snow likely late in the evening. Vsby 1 to 3 nm until early morning.
- Wed SW winds 15 to 20 kt...becoming W 10 to 15 kt. Seas 5 to 8 ft...subsiding to 4 to 6 ft. Rain likely through the day...then a chance of rain through the night.
- Thu NW winds 10 to 15 kt...increasing to 15 to 20 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft. A chance of rain through the day.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Sandy Hook NJ to Fire Island Inlet NY out 20 nm
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE