Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 423 PM EST FRI JAN 30 2015
Sandy Hook NJ to Fire Island Inlet NY out 20 nm
Marine Zone Forecast
...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT THROUGH SATURDAY AFTERNOON...
...FREEZING SPRAY ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH SATURDAY AFTERNOON...
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE WILL DEEPEN WELL OFF THE NEW ENGLAND COAST THROUGH
SATURDAY...WHILE POLAR HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS IN FROM THE WEST. A
COLD FRONT WILL MOVE THROUGH ON SUNDAY AS DEEPENING LOW PRESSURE
APPROACHES FROM THE OHIO VALLEY. THE LOW PASSES SOUTH OF THE
WATERS MONDAY. HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS IN TUESDAY AND THEN EAST OF
THE WATERS AHEAD OF AN APPROACHING COLD FRONT ON WEDNESDAY.
- Tonight NW winds 25 to 30 kt...increasing to 30 to 35 kt late this evening and overnight. Gusts up to 45 kt. Seas 5 to 7 ft. Freezing spray.
- Sat NW winds 25 to 35 kt with gusts up to 45 kt. Seas 4 to 7 ft. Freezing spray.
- Sat Night NW winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 30 kt...becoming W 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt after midnight. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
- Sun W winds 10 to 15 kt. Gusts up to 25 kt in the morning. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Sun Night NW winds 5 to 10 kt...becoming E 15 to 20 kt after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less...then 3 to 5 ft after midnight. Snow. Vsby 1 to 3 nm...decreasing to 1 nm or less after midnight.
- Mon NE winds 15 to 20 kt...becoming N 20 to 25 kt in the afternoon. Gusts up to 35 kt. Seas 5 to 8 ft. Snow with a chance of freezing rain or sleet. Vsby 1 nm or less...increasing to 1 to 3 nm in the afternoon.
- Mon Night NW winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 35 kt. Seas 5 to 8 ft...subsiding to 4 to 6 ft after midnight. A chance of snow and freezing rain in the evening. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.
- Tue NW winds 10 to 15 kt...becoming W 5 to 10 kt in the afternoon...then becoming SW. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
- Wed W winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft...subsiding to 2 to 3 ft after midnight. A chance of snow after midnight.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Sandy Hook NJ to Fire Island Inlet NY out 20 nm
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE