Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 736 AM EDT FRI OCT 31 2014
Sandy Hook NJ to Fire Island Inlet NY out 20 nm
Marine Zone Forecast
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM EDT THIS EVENING THROUGH
LATE TONIGHT......GALE WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY MORNING THROUGH SUNDAY
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE DEVELOPS OFF THE CAROLINA COAST TODAY...THEN TRACKS
NORTHEAST TO A POSITION SOUTHEAST OF CAPE COD BY SATURDAY EVENING.
MEANWHILE...ANOTHER COASTAL LOW DEVELOPS OFF THE CAROLINA COAST LATE
SATURDAY...THEN TRACKS NORTHEAST TO THE CANADIAN MARITIME PROVINCES
BY SUNDAY EVENING. HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS IN BEHIND THIS STORM INTO
- Today NE winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas around 2 ft. Isolated showers late.
- Tonight NE winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt...increasing to 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt after midnight. Seas 2 to 3 ft...building to 3 to 5 ft late. Light rain likely...mainly after midnight.
- Sat N winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 35 kt. Seas building to 5 to 8 ft. Periods of rain.
- Sat Night N winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 40 kt...increasing to 25 to 30 kt with gusts up to 45 kt late. Seas 5 to 8 ft. Rain likely early in the evening...then a chance of rain in the late evening and early morning.
- Sun NW winds 25 to 30 kt with gusts up to 40 kt. Seas 5 to 8 ft.
- Sun Night NW winds 25 to 30 kt with gusts up to 40 kt... Diminishing to 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 5 to 8 ft... Subsiding to 4 to 6 ft late.
- Mon W winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
- Tue SW winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Sandy Hook NJ to Fire Island Inlet NY out 20 nm
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE