Winter storm bringing snow, sleet and freezing rain from lower Miss. Valley to Northeast
A strong cold front moving across the eastern U.S. will bring heavy snow from parts of the Ohio Valley to the Northeast on Thursday, with rain, freezing rain and sleet possible from parts of the lower Mississippi Valley across the Southeast to the southern Mid-Atlantic. Snowfall totals of 5-10 inches are possible for some areas. Winter Storm Warnings remain in effect from Texas to Nantucket.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedN 20 G 30 mph
Visibility10.00 mi Wind Chill20°F (-7°C)
Current conditions at
Dalton, Dalton Municipal Airport (KDNN)
Lat: 34.72 Lon: -84.87 Elev: 709ft.
Late This Afternoon Cloudy with a 30 percent chance of snow and sleet. Near steady temperature in the lower 30s. North winds 10 to 15 mph. Tonight Mostly cloudy. Lows in the lower 20s. North winds 5 to 15 mph. Friday Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 40s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Friday Night Clear. Lows in the upper 20s. Light northwest winds in the evening becoming light and variable. Saturday Sunny. Highs in the mid 50s. Northwest winds 5 to 15 mph. Saturday Night Clear. Lows around 30. Light northwest winds. Sunday Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 50s. Sunday Night Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of light rain. Lows in the upper 30s. Monday Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain. Highs in the upper 50s. Monday Night Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain. Lows in the lower 40s. Tuesday Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain. Highs in the mid 50s. Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain. Lows in the mid 40s. Wednesday Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of light rain. Highs in the lower 60s. Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of light rain. Lows in the mid 40s. Thursday Partly sunny with a 30 percent chance of light rain. Highs in the lower 60s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE