Unseasonably cold temperatures spreading into central U.S.
A strong cold front will usher a much colder air mass into the central and eastern U.S. for the end of the work week. Temperatures will be 10 to 20 degrees below average in some areas. Rain and snow will be possible across the Great Lakes on Friday as the system crosses the area. Heavy snow is possible in the central Appalachians Friday night.
Wind SpeedNW 7 mph
Visibility10.00 mi Wind Chill39°F (4°C)
Current conditions at
Dalton Municipal Airport (KDNN)
Lat: 34.72 Lon: -84.87 Elev: 709ft.
Tonight Mostly clear. Patchy fog late. Lows around 40. Light and variable winds. Friday Partly sunny with a 20 percent chance of showers. Highs in the lower 60s. North winds 5 to 10 mph shifting to the northwest 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Friday Night Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain or snow showers. Lows in the mid 30s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Saturday Mostly sunny. Windy. Highs in the lower 50s. Northwest winds 10 to 20 mph with gusts to around 35 mph. Saturday Night Clear. Lows around 30. North winds 5 to 15 mph. Sunday Sunny. Highs in the upper 50s. Sunday Night Clear. Lows in the mid 30s. Monday Sunny. Highs in the mid 60s. Monday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 40s. Tuesday Partly sunny. Highs in the upper 60s. Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy. Lows in the upper 40s. Wednesday Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers. Highs in the upper 60s. Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers. Lows in the upper 40s. Thursday Partly sunny with a 30 percent chance of showers. Highs in the upper 60s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE