Severe weather possible for parts of northern Plains
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon and evening across portions of the northern Plains, from extreme south-central North Dakota into eastern South Dakota. Isolated severe thunderstorms capable of hail and locally-strong wind gusts are possible.
Barometer29.94 in (1012.9 mb)
Visibility10.00 mi Heat Index81°F (27°C)
Current conditions at
Cartersville Airport (KVPC)
Lat: 34.13 Lon: -84.85 Elev: 751ft.
This Afternoon Sunny. Highs in the lower 80s. North winds around 10 mph. Tonight Mostly clear. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the upper 50s. Light and variable winds. Wednesday Sunny. Highs in the mid 80s. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Wednesday Night Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 60s. Light and variable winds. Thursday Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 80s. South winds 5 to 15 mph. Thursday Night Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 60s. Friday Showers likely with a chance of thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 70s. Chance of rain 60 percent. Friday Night Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 50s. Saturday Sunny. Highs in the lower 70s. Saturday Night Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 40s. Sunday Sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. Sunday Night Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 50s. Monday Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 70s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE