Unsettled weather moving into the western and central U.S.
Increasing moisture and colder air will filter into the Pacific Northwest Friday and into
Saturday. Expect rain to start near the coast and then begin to spread steadily to the south and east into the interior mountains as snow Friday into Saturday. Enough moisture will be pushed eastward to also see snow in the central and southern Rockies and adjacent Plains Friday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedNW 9 mph
Barometer30.30 in (1026.8 mb)
Visibility10.00 mi Wind Chill22°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Gainesville, Gilmer Memorial Airport (KGVL)
Lat: 34.27 Lon: -83.83 Elev: 1273ft.
Today Mostly sunny. Highs 42 to 48. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Tonight Partly cloudy in the evening...then becoming mostly cloudy. Lows in the lower 30s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Saturday Mostly cloudy. Highs in the mid 40s. East winds 10 to 15 mph. Saturday Night Mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of rain after midnight. Lows in the lower 30s. East winds around 10 mph. Sunday Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain. Highs in the upper 40s. East winds 10 to 15 mph. Sunday Night Showers likely. Lows around 40. Chance of rain 60 percent. Monday Showers likely with a slight chance of thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 60s. Chance of rain 60 percent. Monday Night Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers. Lows in the upper 40s. Tuesday Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers. Highs in the mid 60s. Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers. Lows in the mid 50s. Wednesday Showers likely with a chance of thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 60s. Chance of rain 60 percent. Wednesday Night Showers likely with a chance of thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 40s. Chance of rain 60 percent. Thursday Partly sunny with a 30 percent chance of showers. Highs in the mid 50s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE