Active weather pattern on Sunday brings the threat of wintry weather to several parts of the U.S
A few areas of active weather are expected on Sunday. The first will be in the Southwest, as locally heavy rain and mountain snow is possible in portions of California, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona. Further east, wintry weather is possible over a large portion of the country. Numerous winter weather products have been issued from the southern Plains to New England.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedNE 9 mph
Barometer30.55 in (1035.0 mb)
Visibility4.00 mi Wind Chill29°F (-2°C)
Current conditions at
Athens, Athens Airport (KAHN)
Lat: 33.95 Lon: -83.33 Elev: 807ft.
Today Rain and areas of drizzle. Areas of fog. Highs in the mid 40s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80 percent. Tonight Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain. Areas of fog. Lows in the lower 40s. Light and variable winds becoming west around 5 mph after midnight. Monday Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain. Not as cool. Highs in the lower 60s. West winds 5 to 10 mph. Monday Night Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers. Lows in the mid 40s. North winds up to 10 mph. Tuesday Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers. Highs in the mid 50s. East winds 10 to 15 mph. Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers. Lows in the lower 50s. Wednesday Showers likely with a chance of thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 70s. Chance of rain 60 percent. Wednesday Night Showers likely with a slight chance of thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 40s. Chance of rain 60 percent. Thursday Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers. Highs in the upper 50s. Thursday Night Mostly cloudy. Lows in the lower 30s. Friday Sunny. Highs in the lower 50s. Friday Night Mostly clear. Lows around 30. Saturday Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 50s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE