Severe weather possible for parts of central, northern Plains
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon and evening across portions of the central and northern Plains, from northeastern Nebraska across parts of eastern and northern South Dakota. Large hail will be the main risk, though a tornado or two is possible, as well.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Barometer30.00 in (1015.0 mb)
Current conditions at
Cartersville Airport (KVPC)
Lat: 34.13 Lon: -84.85 Elev: 751ft.
Today Patchy fog early then mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 80s. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Tonight Mostly clear. Patchy fog. Lows in the upper 50s. Light and variable winds. Wednesday Sunny. Highs in the mid 80s. Light south winds shifting to the southeast in the afternoon. Wednesday Night Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 60s. Light and variable winds. Thursday Mostly sunny with a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 80s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent. Thursday Night Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 60s. Friday Showers likely with a chance of thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 70s. Chance of rain 60 percent. Friday Night Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 50s. Saturday Sunny. Highs in the lower 70s. Saturday Night Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 40s. Sunday Sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. Sunday Night Clear. Lows in the lower 50s. Monday Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 70s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE