Winter weather returns to New England, wet weather in Southwest
A fast-moving clipper system will bring snow across much of New England on Friday. The heaviest snow is expected across Maine, New Hampshire and eastern Massachusetts. Snowfall totals will be much less than what the nor'easter earlier this week brought, with less than six inches forecast for most areas. Meanwhile, wet weather will prevail across parts of the Southwest into the weekend.
Wind SpeedNW 6 mph
Visibility10.00 mi Wind Chill50°F (10°C)
Current conditions at
Washington, Washington-Wilkes County Airport (KIIY)
Lat: 33.78 Lon: -82.82 Elev: 646ft.
Tonight Clear. Lows in the mid 20s. Northwest winds up to 10 mph this evening becoming light and variable. Saturday Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 50s. East winds 5 to 10 mph shifting to the south in the afternoon. Saturday Night Mostly cloudy. Lows in the lower 30s. Light and variable winds. Sunday A slight chance of showers in the morning...then showers likely in the afternoon. Highs around 60. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent. Sunday Night Rain. Lows in the lower 40s. Southwest winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80 percent. Monday Sunny. Highs in the lower 50s. Monday Night Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 20s. Tuesday Sunny. Highs around 50. Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers or snow. Lows in the mid 30s. Wednesday Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers. Highs in the lower 50s. Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and snow. Lows in the upper 30s. Thursday Mostly sunny with a 20 percent chance of showers. Highs in the mid 50s. Thursday Night Partly cloudy. Lows around 30. Friday Sunny. Highs around 50.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE