Winter weather returns to New England, wet weather in Southwest
A fast-moving clipper system will bring snow across much of New England on Friday. The heaviest snow is expected across Maine, New Hampshire and eastern Massachusetts. Snowfall totals will be much less than what the nor'easter earlier this week brought, with less than six inches forecast for most areas. Meanwhile, wet weather will prevail across parts of the Southwest into the weekend.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedNW 12 G 20 mph
Visibility10.00 mi Wind Chill45°F (7°C)
Current conditions at
Thomaston, Thomaston-Upson County Airport (KOPN)
Lat: 32.96 Lon: -84.26 Elev: 797ft.
Rest Of Today Sunny. Highs in the upper 50s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Tonight Clear. Lows in the upper 20s. Light north winds in the evening becoming light and variable. Saturday Sunny. Highs in the mid 50s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Saturday Night Mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 30s. Light southeast winds. Sunday A slight chance of showers in the morning...then showers likely in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 60s. South winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent. Sunday Night Rain likely. Lows in the mid 40s. Chance of rain 70 percent. Monday Mostly sunny with a 20 percent chance of rain. Highs in the lower 50s. Monday Night Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 20s. Tuesday Sunny. Highs in the mid 50s. Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers. Lows in the upper 30s. Wednesday Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers. Highs in the mid 50s. Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers. Lows in the mid 30s. Thursday Mostly sunny with a 20 percent chance of showers. Highs in the mid 50s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE