Last Update: 353 PM CST SUN DEC 21 2014
Coastal waters from Baffin Bay to Port Mansfield TX out 20 NM
Marine Zone Forecast
SEAS ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST
1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG WITH THE OCCASIONAL HEIGHT OF THE AVERAGE
HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES
- SynopsisLIGHT NORTHEAST WINDS AND LOW TO MODERATE SEAS WILL
PREVAIL TODAY. WINDS WILL BECOME LIGHT SOUTH TONIGHT AND
MONDAY...INCREASING TO MODERATE SOUTHEAST BY MONDAY AFTERNOON.
SEAS WILL REMAIN LOW TO MODERATE THROUGH MONDAY. A STRONG COLD
FRONT WILL ARRIVE ON TUESDAY...PRODUCING GALE FORCE WIND GUSTS
FROM THE NORTH AND HIGH SEAS. HAZARDOUS MARINE CONDITIONS WILL
THEN PERSIST THROUGH WEDNESDAY.
- Tonight Northeast winds 8 to 11 knots shifting south 7 to 10 knots after midnight. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Slight chance of rain.
- Monday South winds 9 to 14 knots increasing to 12 to 15 knots in the afternoon. Seas 2 to 3 feet.
- Monday Night South winds 11 to 15 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet with occasional seas up to 5 feet.
- Tuesday Southwest winds 11 to 15 knots becoming west 14 to 19 knots with gusts to around 30 knots late in the morning...then becoming northwest 25 to 30 knots in the afternoon. Seas 3 to 5 feet with occasional seas up to 6 feet building to 4 to 6 feet with occasional seas up to 8 feet late in the afternoon. Slight chance of showers.
- Tuesday Night Northwest winds 22 to 27 knots. Seas 7 to 11 feet with occasional seas up to 14 feet.
- Wednesday Southwest winds 19 to 24 knots. Seas 5 to 8 feet with occasional seas up to 10 feet.
- Thursday South winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet with occasional seas up to 5 feet.
- Friday East winds 14 to 19 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet with occasional seas up to 6 feet.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal waters from Baffin Bay to Port Mansfield TX out 20 NM
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE