Hazardous Weather Conditions
Last Update: 929 AM CST SUN DEC 21 2014
Bays and Waterways from Baffin Bay to Port Aransas
Marine Zone Forecast
- SynopsisPATCHY LIGHT RAIN AND DRIZZLE WILL BE POSSIBLE THROUGH
TONIGHT...AS MOISTURE LIFTS ALONG A WEAKENING FRONTAL BOUNDARY.
WEAK TO MODERATE EAST TO NORTHEAST FLOW WILL BECOME
SOUTHEASTERLY BY TONIGHT. A WEAK TO MODERATE ONSHORE FLOW IS
EXPECTED ON MONDAY AND MONDAY NIGHT AHEAD OF THE NEXT COLD FRONT
ON TUESDAY. A STRONG COLD FRONT WILL MOVE SOUTH ACROSS THE AREA
DURING THE DAY TUESDAY WITH STRONG TO VERY STRONG OFFSHORE FLOW
DEVELOPING IN ITS WAKE. SEAS WILL BECOME CHAOTIC AND HAZARDOUS
AFTER FRONTAL PASSAGE. OFFSHORE FLOW WILL GRADUALLY DECREASE ON
WEDNESDAY...BUT REMAIN STRONG...WITH A MUCH WEAKER OFFSHORE FLOW
EXPECTED FOR CHRISTMAS DAY.
- Rest Of Today Northeast wind 5 to 10 knots. Bays smooth to slightly choppy. A slight chance of light rain and drizzle.
- Tonight Southeast wind 5 to 10 knots shifting south after midnight. Bays smooth.
- Monday South wind 5 to 10 knots. Bays smooth.
- Monday Night South wind 10 to 15 knots. Bays slightly choppy to occasionally choppy. Patchy sea fog after midnight.
- Tuesday Southwest wind 15 to 20 knots becoming north 20 to 25 knots in the afternoon. Bays choppy to rough. Patchy sea fog in the morning. A slight chance of showers in the morning.
- Tuesday Night Northwest wind 15 to 20 knots. Bays choppy to occasionally rough.
- Wednesday Northwest wind 10 to 15 knots. Bays slightly choppy to occasionally choppy.
- Wednesday Night West wind 5 to 10 knots shifting south after midnight. Bays smooth.
- Thursday South wind 10 to 15 knots increasing to 15 to 20 knots in the afternoon. Bays choppy.
- Thursday Night South wind 15 to 20 knots. Bays choppy.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Bays and Waterways from Baffin Bay to Port Aransas
ABOUT THIS FORECAST
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE