Heavy rain likely for portions of the Southeast on Friday
An area of low pressure in the northern Gulf of Mexico will bring several inches of rain to portions of the Southeast on Friday. Rain will be moderate to occasionally heavy at times and will make travel conditions difficult. Hardest hit areas are expected to be southern Alabama, southern Georgia and northern Florida where rainfall totals will range from 2 to 4 inches with locally higher amounts.
Wind SpeedW 6 mph
Barometer30.25 in (1024.4 mb)
Visibility10.00 mi Wind Chill51°F (11°C)
Current conditions at
Chicago Midway Airport (KMDW)
Lat: 41.79 Lon: -87.75 Elev: 612ft.
Tonight Mostly cloudy. Lows around 40. Northwest winds around 10 mph in the evening shifting to the northeast after midnight. Friday Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 50s inland...but only in the mid to upper 40s near the lake. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Friday Night Partly cloudy in the evening then clearing. Lows in the mid 30s. Northeast winds around 10 mph. Saturday Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 60s inland...but only in the upper 50s near the lake. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Saturday Night Mostly clear in the evening then becoming partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 40s. South winds 10 to 15 mph. Sunday Partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 70s. Sunday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 50s. Monday Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers. Highs in the mid 60s. Monday Night Partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers. Lows in the mid 40s. Tuesday And Tuesday Night Mostly clear. Highs in the lower 60s. Lows in the lower 40s. Wednesday Partly sunny with a 20 percent chance of light showers. Highs around 60. Wednesday Night Partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers. Lows in the mid 40s. Thursday Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs around 70.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE