Severe Storms and Heavy Rain Possible Later This Afternoon Into Tonight
A few severe storms with damaging winds and large hail are expected later today from parts of Illinois into lower Michigan. A somewhat longer-duration severe storm threat is expected this afternoon into tonight from the Kansas/Oklahoma border region into southern Missouri, where a couple tornadoes will also be possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Rain and Breezy
Wind SpeedSW 22 G 26 mph
Barometer29.83 in (1009.9 mb)
Visibility9.00 mi Heat Index83°F (28°C)
Current conditions at
Grissom Air Force Base / Peru (KGUS)
Lat: 40.65 Lon: -86.15 Elev: 830ft.
Late This Afternoon Mostly cloudy with scattered showers and thunderstorms. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of measurable precipitation 50 percent. Tonight Showers and thunderstorms likely. Lows in the upper 60s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent. Tuesday Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then mostly sunny in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 80s. West winds 5 to 10 mph. Tuesday Night Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 50s. West winds around 5 mph shifting to the south after midnight. Wednesday Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 80s. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Wednesday Night Mostly clear through midnight then becoming partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 60s. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Thursday Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 80s. Thursday Night Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 70s. Friday Partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 80s. Friday Night Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 60s. Saturday Partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 70s. Saturday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 50s. Sunday Through Monday Mostly clear. Highs in the mid 70s. Lows in the lower 50s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE