Wintry mix and snow from western mountains to Ohio Valley Saturday
A storm system in the west will bring rain to California and the Desert Southwest Saturday. Snow will fall in the Sierra, Great Basin and southern Rocky Mountains. Meanwhile a warm front will bring rain to Texas with a wintry mix from the Red River Valley to southern Ohio Valley. North of this front, snow is expected from the southern Plains to northern Ohio Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Current conditions at
Pikeville Pike County Airport and Hatcher Field (KPBX)
Lat: 37.56 Lon: -82.57 Elev: 1473ft.
Rest Of Today Mostly cloudy. Highs in the upper 30s. East winds around 5 mph. Tonight Not as cold. Mostly cloudy. A 30 percent chance of light freezing rain or snow possibly mixed with sleet late. Lows in the upper 20s. East winds around 5 mph shifting to the southeast late. Sunday Cloudy. Chance of rain possibly mixed with freezing rain in the morning...then rain likely in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 40s. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent. Sunday Night Rain likely. Lows in the mid 30s. West winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent. Monday Cloudy in the morning then becoming partly sunny. A 30 percent chance of rain. Highs in the lower 40s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Monday Night Partly cloudy through around midnight then becoming mostly cloudy. A 30 percent chance of rain and freezing rain. Lows in the upper 20s. Tuesday Milder. Rain likely possibly mixed with freezing rain. Highs in the mid 50s. Chance of precipitation 70 percent. Tuesday Night And Wednesday Rain. Lows in the upper 40s. Highs in the mid 50s. Chance of rain 90 percent. Wednesday Night Much colder. Rain possibly mixed with snow. Lows in the mid 20s. Chance of precipitation 90 percent. Thursday Much colder. Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow. Highs in the lower 30s. Thursday Night Colder. Partly cloudy. Lows 10 to 15. Friday Sunny. Highs in the upper 30s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE