Flash flooding possible across parts of Midwest
Showers and thunderstorms ahead of a strong cold front moving across the Midwest on Friday are expected to produce rainfall rates of 1-2 inches per hour, creating a risk of flash flooding across parts of southern Minnesota and northern and central Iowa. The flash flooding risk will continue into Saturday and move eastward, into the Ohio Valley.
Barometer30.10 in (1018.1 mb)
Current conditions at
Julian Carroll Airport (KJKL)
Lat: 37.6 Lon: -83.32 Elev: 1365ft.
Rest Of Today Partly cloudy. Warmer. Highs in the lower 80s. Light winds. Tonight Partly cloudy. Areas of valley fog developing late. Lows 60 to 65. Light winds. Saturday Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 80s. Light winds. Saturday Night Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows around 70. Southwest winds at 5 to 10 mph. Sunday Mostly cloudy with showers and thunderstorms likely. Highs in the mid 80s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent. Sunday Night Mostly cloudy with showers and thunderstorms likely. Lows in the upper 60s. Chance of rain 60 percent. Monday Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers. Highs in the upper 70s. Monday Night Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers. Patchy valley fog. Lows around 60. Tuesday Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 70s. Tuesday Night Mostly clear. Patchy valley fog. Lows in the mid 50s. Wednesday Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 70s. Wednesday Night Mostly clear. Patchy valley fog. Lows in the upper 50s. Thursday Partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 80s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE