Unseasonably cold temperatures in the central and eastern U.S. through Wednesday
A powerful cold front has ushered in unseasonably cold temperatures to the central and eastern U.S. for early this week. Freezing temperatures will dive into the Deep South and to the Mid-Atlantic through Wednesday morning. This will be damaging to sensitive vegetation. Numerous Frost Advisories and Freeze Warnings are in effect.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Wind SpeedNE 5 mph
Barometer30.27 in (1026.2 mb)
Visibility10.00 mi Wind Chill22°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Julian Carroll Airport (KJKL)
Lat: 37.6 Lon: -83.32 Elev: 1365ft.
Overnight Very cold. Mostly clear. Widespread frost towards dawn. Near record lows 20 to 25. Light winds. Wednesday Patchy frost in the morning. Otherwise...mostly sunny and warmer with highs in the upper 50s. East winds at 5 to 10 mph. Wednesday Night Cold...clear. Widespread frost late. Lows 28 to 33. Light winds. Thursday Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 60s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Thursday Night Partly cloudy. Patchy frost late. Lows 37 to 42. Light winds. Friday Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 60s. Friday Night Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 40s. Saturday Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 60s. Saturday Night And Sunday Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 40s. Highs in the upper 60s. Sunday Night Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers. Lows in the upper 40s. Monday Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers. Highs in the upper 60s. Monday Night Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers. Lows in the upper 40s. Tuesday Mostly sunny with a 40 percent chance of showers. Highs in the upper 60s.
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE